Got a feeling West Virginia game will be ESPN+

Raiders70

Nov 18, 2015
Yep, great deal. For just $5 a month I can get the same Big 12 games that have already been included in my cable package for years! Oh wait...
Its a first step. Pretty soon you will be able to buy all the ESPN channels ala carte without paying for 175 channels you don't want from cable,satellite,or even streaming TV packages.

clone2003

Sep 1, 2013
Why? Lots of content at a great price.
Because most Iowa State (and other colleges) games used to be included in the existing cable and satellite packages. This is another, and more restrictive, way to charge people to watch their favorite team.

• Disagree
Reactions: isufbcurt

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
Its a first step. Pretty soon you will be able to buy all the ESPN channels ala carte without paying for 175 channels you don't want from cable,satellite,or even streaming TV packages.

No, it's just another step into overly monetizing each small bit of programming available. The ESPN+ step is even more fun than most because not only does it cost the consumer more, it's also less convenient.

clone2003

Sep 1, 2013
No, it's just another step into overly monetizing each small bit of programming available. The ESPN+ step is even more fun than most because not only does it cost the consumer more, it's also less convenient.
This! Boycott ESPN+

Raiders70

Nov 18, 2015
How is it less covenient? You just load the app and click on the game\show you want to watch.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
How is it less covenient? You just load the app and click on the game\show you want to watch.

Rifle through my desk to find the ESPN+ password, dig through the closet for an HDMI cable, load app, pray connection is working at full speed, scroll through piles of D3 garbage, find game, click my way through input connections until I figure out which one I plugged the HDMI into, hopefully finally watch game.

OR

Channel up/down

I'm going with the latter.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
My cable plan apparently doesn't have Plus available, although I haven't done research to see if it's available w/ some kind of package upgrade, which I'd only do if they gave me a good rate deal.

I think someone asked about this earlier ... My plan does include WatchESPN streaming, is E-Plus an option with that?

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Rifle through my desk to find the ESPN+ password, dig through the closet for an HDMI cable, load app, pray connection is working at full speed, scroll through piles of D3 garbage, find game, click my way through input connections until I figure out which one I plugged the HDMI into, hopefully finally watch game.

OR

Channel up/down

I'm going with the latter.
Your really showing your age. Streaming through a streaming device is as easy as channel up/down. You also don’t have to login every time either.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

I'd be all for getting all the ESPN channels for $5, all the Fox Sports channels for $5, and then a really good antenna for all the local stations.... and I'd be set for only #10 per month.

All I keep cable for is watching sports.... don't care about anything else at all.