How do I block In-State Rivals forum?

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I'm getting to be the same way. I hope CW realizes that while the annoying hawks who post here bring clicks, they are potentially driving away users who actually want CF content.

Used to be that Hawk trolls posted only in the In-State Rivals forum. Now they're in Iowa State forums. I pay here and on 247. If 247 had more discussion I probably wouldn't come here.

• Agree
Reactions: isu81

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Used to be that Hawk trolls posted only in the In-State Rivals forum. Now they're in Iowa State forums. I pay here and on 247. If 247 had more discussion I probably wouldn't come here.
That hasn't been my experience but you do have the option to report posts.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I just like looking at stuff that won't aggravate me, sorry that's hard for others to take. I only hit the New Posts page and would rather see 5-10 more threads that don't have to do with the Hawks or Politics. I'm guessing this is why our website hosts offer this as an option. Not sure why it bothers so many of you that like to see everything. Usually I have a FOMO, but not here.
Different strokes.
Sorry I ruffled your feathers.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
CF has done a great job lately weeding out the bad hawk trolls. It's the ones that just can't stay away and are on the like on the 5th+ screen name that really mess things up. Those are ones that try and eat up a lot of space.

There are 3-4 trolls that actually bring something in the ISR threads . Pretty sad when hawkboards don't offer an ISR forum, so they try to come on here. I have blocked a few people and the politics forum.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
I just opted out of ISR yesterday. Its one thing if there are one or 2 threads that show up on the new posts page but when half the threads showing up are ISR threads, that's when enough is enough and those of you obsessed with iowa need to re-check your priorities.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I just opted out of ISR yesterday. Its one thing if there are one or 2 threads that show up on the new posts page but when half the threads showing up are ISR threads, that's when enough is enough and those of you obsessed with iowa need to re-check your priorities.

Yeah, that is why I have it removed. There are just way too many threads. And it is basically all threads saying the exact same thing.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
This has me pondering what other problems might we solve by starting the appropriate thread. There are maybe real possibilities there. :)

How do I get the weather gods to stop hating me?
How do I get a hot French girlfriend?
How do I get the offense to score 40 points this weekend?

Or, sadly, maybe it only works for forum stuff. :(
What happened to Monica?

Reactions: BCClone

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
This has me pondering what other problems might we solve by starting the appropriate thread. There are maybe real possibilities there. :)

How do I get the weather gods to stop hating Iowa State tailgaters at home games?
How do I get a hot French girlfriend on a budget?
How do I get the offense to score 40 points this weekend while holding TCU to 0?

Or, sadly, maybe it only works for forum stuff. :(
FIFY...

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY and GTO

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
I went in to Preferences and checked the "Remove In-State Rivals forums" checkbox and yet I'm still seeing them. Does it just take some time? It's too bad because I like the banter normally, but the obsession with the other side is over-the-top this time of the year.

I also went to Preferences and checked the "Remove In-State Rivals forums" checkbox and yet I'm still seeing them. Sure wished that checkbox worked!

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I just opted out of ISR yesterday. Its one thing if there are one or 2 threads that show up on the new posts page but when half the threads showing up are ISR threads, that's when enough is enough and those of you obsessed with iowa or politics need to re-check your priorities.

FIFY I think of the political forums in the same sense!!

• Winner
Reactions: cmjh10 and BCClone

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
You would almost think they are hawk fans.
Wait, you think I'm a Hawk fan because I don't want to see the ISR pissing contest litter my New Post page?

I came on the Site Feedback and Support forum with a legitimate question and now my Cyclone faithfulness is being questioned? WTF? If I was a Hawkeye I think I would cry that you are victim blaming.

Pretty sure my history can prove my fandom, which nobody on here cares for me to list out for you. Guess I'll just stop trying to improve MY experience on this website. Still unsure why this call for help turned into you and KCClone questioning me.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Wait, you think I'm a Hawk fan because I don't want to see the ISR pissing contest litter my New Post page?

I came on the Site Feedback and Support forum with a legitimate question and now my Cyclone faithfulness is being questioned? WTF? If I was a Hawkeye I think I would cry that you are victim blaming.

Pretty sure my history can prove my fandom, which nobody on here cares for me to list out for you. Guess I'll just stop trying to improve MY experience on this website. Still unsure why this call for help turned into you and KCClone questioning me.

First off, my post said "almost think they". People can read and take posts in different ways. Does it bother me that you want to opt out of ISR? Heck no. Different strokes for different folks as they always say. We are not calling you out or anything, like you, we are expressing our opinions of what people write on CF. Hence the like, dislike, winner, agree, etc ratings you can give or write a response to. Man, I opted out of that politics forum a looonnnggg time ago. Too many armchair politicians for me!! To me, that forum way worse than the ISR one. Then like I said, it's my opinion.

I've gotten called out a bunch of times on ISR by trolls. My goal has been to try and get rid of them but you have to walk the fine line so you don't get banned either.

The rivalry runs deep in my family 5 members of our extended family went to Iowa and 5 that went to ISU. Brother-in-law (Iowa grad) is always the one that stirs the pot. He is also the first one to say "Fire Ferentz" when Iowa loses. Take it for what it is.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

See post #23.
BTW - I never questioned your Cyclone loyalty.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Easy enough....just don't open the threads.
It's not rocket science...
You questioned my ability or intelligence to ignore messages. Feathers ruffled I guess. Again, I came on the right forum to ask why a feature didn't work. You obviously feel I should just bypass. Not sure what you felt you were accomplishing. Guess you need to give your opinion on every topic.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
You think it's hard to get out of politics or rivals which is forced on you and is public facing when not logged in, try joining the oh so controversial Gaming forum.

Nobody can see it and it takes an act of god to opt in. We can't go having video and board game talk around here now can we!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron