Rutgers fires Chris Ash

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Surely he didn't view Rutgers as a "destination job." At best, it was going to be a few years of nice paychecks. Probably should have been more friendly on his visit back to Iowa. He's probably more welcome here than anywhere.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Interesting if true. It wouldn't surprise me at all that he is the #1 Target. It also wouldn't surprise me if Schiano's return will crash and burn like Bobby Petrino's return to Louisville.
If the cat is out of the bag already, I see no reason to wait -- hire Schiano now and get started. This season is dumped either way.

Sure, there's negative PR and bad turnover, but again -- already out of the bag now.

Reactions: Scott34

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Surely he didn't view Rutgers as a "destination job." At best, it was going to be a few years of nice paychecks. Probably should have been more friendly on his visit back to Iowa. He's probably more welcome here than anywhere.

The good thing about a job like that is being able to go get paid big bucks and yet no one will put the blame on you for that program sucking.

He'll land just fine on someone's staff i imagine, if he wants to. Or just enjoy the millions he's being paid to not coach.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
People think its hard to win at ISU, the challenge of Rutgers is even worse. The facilities are below average, the schedule is a *****. Every year you get Ohio State, Penn. State, Michigan and Michigan state. Better recruiting territory but no one wants to play there. And they are broke, still fighting losing money all those years in the Big East.

Rutgers is the worse P5 job in college football, and really its not even close. At least Kansas has money.

BikeSkiClone

Jul 25, 2014

Maybe, but I don't think he's really all that welcome in Ames/Iowa State athletics either.