Positive outcome,......I think

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Where is Lincoln Riley going? And why is he leaving OU? Seems like a pretty sweet gig.

As has been mentioned like three times his name has come up around the Cowboys job.

And I’d say people better be paying attention to the Browns when it comes to Campbell. They go through coaches like a fat kid goes through oatmeal cream pies and they are desperate which means taking risks.

• Funny
Reactions: khardbored

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
As has been mentioned like three times his name has come up around the Cowboys job.

Not mentioned in this thread. Sorry I don't have your exhaustive knowledge of what has been posted about coaches of other teams and NFL job prospects. Thanks for the info, if not the snarkiness.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
CMC is not going anywhere. The goal has always been to make ISU the Alabama/Notre Dame of the Midwest. We're getting close.

you are an awful troll. You should really think about how completely pathetic your life is when being a jerkoff hawk fan is all you have.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
you are an awful troll. You should really think about how completely pathetic your life is when being a jerkoff hawk fan is all you have.

"Jerkoff Hawk Fan".....Great post my friend but....I just call'em what they are The CHOKE EYES.....ask'em this question...When is the last time er, the actual date when the Choke Eyes last won a Rose Bowl? I ask them and have yet get an answer.....

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Riley will not be at OU much longer. If Michigan doesn’t win B10 or beat OSU, Harbaugh will step down. Both of those schools would look at Campbell and his circle knows it. I hope he stays but if he’s leaving, Id wager he’d jump at the OU job before Michigan. Counter to that is being able to recruit state of Ohio like he can with Michigan brand would be intriguing for him in sure.

We shall see. Let’s win the b12 this year and deal with all of this in the spring.
A person who knows CMC very well told me Michigan is definitely the team to worry about. He said Campbell grew up a Michigan fan, not OSU. My contact sees CMC frequently.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
A person who knows CMC very well told me Michigan is definitely the team to worry about. He said Campbell grew up a Michigan fan, not OSU. My contact sees CMC frequently.

If he does leave, that should make all the crew happy

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I’m not convinced Matt Campbell leaves even if offered the Michigan job, but if he does, it is going to be increasingly harder to get this program where we want it.

You can’t reboot your coaching staff every four years and expect to compete for conference championships.

• Winner
Reactions: jsb

cytown

Aug 8, 2012
Naperville, IL

I’ve got ties through IL football recruiting and that’s where I get my info. It’s been fun to see MC tap into this state more. Helps that Lovie is complete garbage here too.

I hope Michigan keeps Harbaugh as I think MCs system would fit Michigan better. But I think his path to winning titles is much easier at Oklahoma. Or even Iowa state for that matter. Big ten east is a gauntlet.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Not mentioned in this thread. Sorry I don't have your exhaustive knowledge of what has been posted about coaches of other teams and NFL job prospects. Thanks for the info, if not the snarkiness.

Kirk Ferentz was also "mentioned" as a NFL coach for like 15 of his first 20 years at Iowa.....I seriously think there is a seminar out there where these guys learn to foster--if not start-- these rumors for their own contract negotiations and benefit. It worked for Kirk.
Lincoln Riley will not be going to the NFL any time soon.....if he does, it will be a Bury Switzer situation.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I’m not convinced Matt Campbell leaves even if offered the Michigan job, but if he does, it is going to be increasingly harder to get this program where we want it.

You can’t reboot your coaching staff every four years and expect to compete for conference championships.

After the last 3 seasons of CPR just getting 7-8 wins should be fine. Conference titles would be great but let's just see some consistent winning. It will be interesting to see which way this season tilts.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
"Jerkoff Hawk Fan".....Great post my friend but....I just call'em what they are The CHOKE EYES.....ask'em this question...When is the last time er, the actual date when the Choke Eyes last won a Rose Bowl? I ask them and have yet get an answer.....

Just please stop with this. The Iowa smack talk gets really old after they’ve beat us 5 in a row and have had significantly more success than us over the last 20 years/ever.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron