*** Official IOWA STATE VS Baylor Game(Day) Thread ***

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
We need to settle on a feature back. I know he struggles pass blocking, but you have to go with Lang going forward. He's been the most impressive

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored and GTO

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
He was critical of Pudy halftime speech. Sounded more like an agenda then analysts.
I didn't think he was out of line, more or less criticizing not the speech itself, but the fact that brock didn't back up his speech with the type of performance you would expect him to in the 3rd qtr

• Disagree
Reactions: Urbandale2013

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Brock's reads are wrong about 50% of the time on RPO's. Not sure if that is him wanting to make a play himself, a lack of confidence in the backs, called options from Manning or just plain mistakes? He is a good player but still has room to grow. I had to leave for work right as they caught the pass to make it 20-0. I was so totally done at that point anyways. Glad to see they fought back, I'll have to watch the highlights to see how it went.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
The only thing I will say that seemed conspiracy-esque was the terrible spots we were getting in the first half. They shaved about 6 or 7 yards on us.
I'm sure when we win games the losing teams fans say the same ****. I just tired of the excuses. We are an average team right now. Nothing more, nothing less.

INTENSE_CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2018
Now that the strong ale has worn off from last night.....

Disappointed with the product on the field yesterday but will be there next Saturday to cheer the team on to beat the horney toads!

I'm like many on here and sometimes get frustrated with play or play calling but IMO the football program is much better with CMC here. The past two years have been great so it's important to keep things in perspective.

Trust the coaching staff to make the changes necessary to have a strong finish to the season.

Cloneman89

Sep 28, 2014
Do we have a special teams coach? If so is he unemployed today? Same goes with the Oline run blocking asst coach? This is an average team at best - all the hype about the Oline and the 6 rb's or some such nonsense - Butler and DM saved this team last year! We have nothing like that and it shows as BP holds the ball on the RPO because nobody is open. Can we get a walk on kicker? One FG and we win. The 2 losses are directly tied to gaffes on special teams in the end. Poor run game execution and bad play calls put team in that position and the inept 3rd down defense gives it away. Not sure 6 wins is doable - KU, KSU and TTU should be wins.. Possible WVU. OK, UT, OSU and TCU could be ugly. Gah - Charlie Brown football is back!

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Do we have a special teams coach? If so is he unemployed today? Same goes with the Oline run blocking asst coach? This is an average team at best - all the hype about the Oline and the 6 rb's or some such nonsense - Butler and DM saved this team last year! We have nothing like that and it shows as BP holds the ball on the RPO because nobody is open. Can we get a walk on kicker? One FG and we win. The 2 losses are directly tied to gaffes on special teams in the end. Poor run game execution and bad play calls put team in that position and the inept 3rd down defense gives it away. Not sure 6 wins is doable - KU, KSU and TTU should be wins.. Possible WVU. OK, UT, OSU and TCU could be ugly. Gah - Charlie Brown football is back!

Make the same bet. If we win 6, you leave forever.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneVet

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
OMFG just stop with the conspiracy theory b.s.

Guys like Greise who went to Michigan/Ohio State/ Alabama think very little of schools like Iowa State and thus have to bad mouth us every time things doesn't go to their expectation on the field....Typical Little 14 BIAS......

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron