Tents = Coats/Heaters?

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
Not sure what the issue would be with Big12 in ISU having tents and need to get prior approval. 120 is dangerously hot and I would think student athlete safety would come first.

That said, ISU lost because of their play between the lines. TCU becomes a huge game!
Not blaming the loss on tents. Not at all. And yes, you won this game.

But 120 plus really IS dangerous. They issue heat advisories for a reason. People die on those days for a reason.

• Agree
Reactions: Joel1 and cygrads

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Sounds like common sense to say 122 degrees is uncomfortable, even without trying to perform at a high P5 level.
Team needs to overcome adversity. Not everything is going to break your way. I hope the team isn't crying about the tents as why they played poorly.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Seemed to me like last year the defender was pulling our player into him instead of us doing much.

What's he doing drawing a diagram for the ref? You can do that if the pass is behind the line of scrimage, I know that but that wasn't the case.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Speaking of CMC pissed. How about that offensive pass interference. Anybody have an idea on that one?

I had no issue at all with that call. Not sure why CMC was so ticked off?

And I'll bet what really has CMC ticked off the most right now is that he knows if he had even an average OC we'd be 4-0 right now.

• Agree
Reactions: 2ndCyCE

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
You can't block a DB 15 yards down the field while the pass is being thrown.

Really don't know why CMC got hot there.
I don’t think it was a horrendous call but it was within 5 yards it was initial contact and then the defender held onto the receiver. Same thing happened last year to Butler. It looked like pass interference but it really wasn’t.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
If ISU can't have tents to keep cool in Texason a hot day in September should we be able to deny visiting teams to use coats and heaters in Ames when the wind chill is 10 degrees in November?

That was freakin bush league of Baylor and the conference. But what else should I expect?
Good comparison - both go to player safety - one from hypothermia and one from heat stroke.

ISUEmbassy

Jun 13, 2014
Good comparison - both go to player safety - one from hypothermia and one from heat stroke.

Dont deny them coats and heaters, that's crap too. Instead, just discretely place misters that will spray them throughout the game when its 10 degrees. If they dont apply to NOT have them, then we're good to go

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
They wouldn't allow an injury tent? I thought that was standard procedure now? Either way, we should have said they were rape tents, and we probably would have gotten the OK.

When they were checking out Milton, he was on a table out in the heat.

2ndCyCE

Dec 21, 2011
Tulsa
After a couple of hours of discussion, I want to emphasize that do not believe that the denial of shade tents was a reason for us losing this game. However, I did want to emphasize that it was incredibly "shady" of Baylor and the Conference to make us take them down and tried to make a reasonable correlation to potential conditions in Ames.

See what I did there???

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
Team needs to overcome adversity. Not everything is going to break your way. I hope the team isn't crying about the tents as why they played poorly.

This isn't a break. This is intentionally putting our players in a dangerous situation for no ******* reason other than gaining a competitive advantage.

• Agree
Reactions: Joel1 and motorcy90

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
They were forced to take the tents down because they were blocking the view of the field. The tents that ISU had were too tall.

If they would have submitted an application for approval earlier in the week then the height and location of the tents would have been taken into consideration and ISU would have been allowed to have tents.

• Informative
Reactions: 2ndCyCE

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron