*** Official IOWA STATE VS Baylor Game(Day) Thread ***

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Like a pinch hitter or reliever in baseball, but in Re-al for a series. Make that Baylor defense chase him around a bit. Maybe today isn't Brocks day. Get some kind of running going or eventually the D is just going to wear down in this heat.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
Bust it is.

Glad I didn't let myself get hyped up this season and wondered why others were. Losing two offensive skill position players to the NFL early can't be easily overcome, especially at Iowa State.

Gonna be a long season, I'm afraid.
I almost pulled the trigger on a new ISU long sleeve t-shirt. Glad I avoided that mistake!

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
This is Tom Manning for you. Granted, Purdy doesnt look great but his playcalling is suspect at best. He wasn't great before he left and isn't great now. This is no way an overreaction to right now either. We can still win this game, but he needs to call a better game, fact. Defense has been good enough this game. All on the offense.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Not sure what happened on that sack, but 99 came in there completely untouched. Baylor is trying real hard to turn the ball over on punts.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Hope I'm wrong, but it just doesn't look like we're prepared to battle today. Brock's body language doesn't look good. Disappointing.

Dropping 8 makes it awful difficult on the QB. O-line has to do better and give Purdy some time.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
If the swing pass is what your gonna run on 3rd and 22 why don’t you put Lang in there ?

Help Support Us

Become a patron