****Official Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread****

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
Iowa leads the country in "guys who look like creepy Butlers"

Kriener_Ryan.JPG

35546125001_5700875605001_5700858710001-vs.jpg

upload_2019-9-26_17-24-37.jpeg

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
KK Robinson has opened up his list of schools, originally ISU was in his top 7.

I'd guess Jaden Walker's commitment is a major reason for him and the staff looks to have prioritizing other prospects. Of course, things could change later in the process and it looks like he's looking to sign late.

"Arkansas, Illinois, Iowa State, Kansas, TCU, Texas A&M and Vanderbilt made up Robinson’s final list but he is now open to newer schools entering the mix. “Two of the schools that were in my top seven stopped contacting me for some reason so I just felt like I needed to open things up to see who else might recruit me,” he stated."
Among the seven, four programs have notched official visit dates with him. “TCU this weekend (Sept. 27-29), Kansas (Oct. 4-6), Illinois the following weekend (Oct. 11-13) and then Arkansas on Oct. 18-20,” Robinson said.
A commitment is not imminent. “I will be signing late,” Robinson stated.
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/kk-robinson-updates-recruitment-schedules-four-visits

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I don't think they care. If the school gets hammered, they transfer out to another school.

That is still at least mildly inconvenient for them.

I think it matters, but you are right an escape ladder exists if anything bad goes down.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
That is still at least mildly inconvenient for them.

I think it matters, but you are right an escape ladder exists if anything bad goes down.

Potential conversation:

5-Star recruit: "But Coach Self, what about the potential NCAA violations I see reported on Twitter?"

Self: "No worries. You will be one and done and we can deny, stall and delay until after the coming season. If I get a show-cause penalty, I will just jump to the NBA for more money and can guarantee you a spot on my NBA team. Win-Win all the way around!"

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Potential conversation:

5-Star recruit: "But Coach Self, what about the potential NCAA violations I see reported on Twitter?"

Self: "No worries. You will be one and done and we can deny, stall and delay until after the coming season. If I get a show-cause penalty, I will just jump to the NBA for more money and can guarantee you a spot on my NBA team. Win-Win all the way around!"

Ha... Truth is most 5 stars have expectations of only being in school one year and going pro anyways. Self is comfortable selling that possibility.

If I were an opposing coach I'd point to Georgia Tech this year not receiving their post season ban punishment until late September. Thus getting stuck playing without any hope of a post season tourney (including the ACC) and not getting a chance to transfer.
That whould be a major risk to take and seriously factor into a decision especially considering the other school options 5 star's players have.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
What’s the deal with this Jaylin Williams kid out of Arkansas? We are listed as warm but I don’t think he has visited yet.