Hoiberg on Gameday in Lincoln...... Cornhead Hat

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
[QUOTEd="CY88CE11, post: 6825323, member: 15846"]So many Jesus signs today.[/QUOTE]
I think prayer may be the only hope for their FB program. And I don’t mean just today.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
As much as I hate Nebraska (their fans spit on me while walking from the locker room to the field in 2001), I still like them better than Iowa.

However, the hype around them is hilarious. They got beat by Colorado, should have lost to Illinois and they are going to get blasted by OSU. They are not good.

Reminds me (for some reason) of the reports in Omaha after we beat them in Ames in 1976 37-28. They had won 52 -0 in Lincoln the year before. Their upset players complained about how our players were swearing and using obscene language during the game. LOL. In a "prove it" game we beat them in Lincoln the next year.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
I imagined living in Nebraska once. I wouldn't recommend it.
I was born in Omaha. As a kid we lived in nebraska for a couple of years, then my Dad got the heck out of there and we moved to Iowa. Sure glad that he did. I've driven that god-forsaken I-80 through nebraska too many times to ever forget how worthless that state is.

• Winner
Reactions: Lineup

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Just clicked on ESPN Gameday. Might that be the smallest crowd they've ever had? The marvels of TV cameras show the nearly full "pit," but the drone view shows tons of open space just outside the "pit." Welcome to Lincoln!

Reactions: aauummm

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
This is the second ****** job in a row Fred has walked into after leaving a great gig in Ames. Anybody can see it. The man needs to have his head examined.

Fred found another place that will pay him money and fall for the “I’m home/always a dream of mine” schtick that he used at ISU and Chicago.

Fred’s opportunistic. It’s pretty simple.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Fred found another place that will pay him money and fall for the “I’m home/always a dream of mine” schtick that he used at ISU and Chicago.

Fred’s opportunistic. It’s pretty simple.

he wants to be a basketball coach. There are not a lot of jobs out there for him, realistically.

he’s fine. He wasn’t ever going to get a big job, after the way his coaching rep took a hit at the end of his tenure in Chicago. I’m not even sure he would be in line for the t wolves job, where he is beloved.

he has a story to tell about Lincoln. They have a nice arena, and need a product to sell as football continues to struggle. It will be interesting to see if Fred can catch lightning in a bottle a second time.

Good luck to him.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron