Who wins Ok State vs K State this Saturday

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I think Kansas State is a lot better than people thought they were going to be coming into this year, however I think Okie State is really tough this year. I know that Kansas State beat Mississippi State on the road, but I've watched MSU this year and they don't impress me at all. Those two teams actually match up against each other extremely well with how their offenses and defenses play.

Oklahoma State's offense is 10x better than MSU's offense is, but I don't know if anyone knows how good Oklahoma State's defense is. I can see this game being fairly close in the first half, but the Cowboys having a big 3rd or 4th quarter and end up winning by about two TD's.
What was the reason for disagreeing @surly ? Just would love some feedback on what you thought I was wrong about.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Don't bother. She's having a pity party of one for anyone that dares say KSU could lose
I mean it's fine to disagree, I have no problem with having a different opinion than mine.. I just wanted to know the reason.. Was it because she thinks Mississippi State is really good? That Oklahoma State's offense is actually not that good? That OSU would win in the end by two scores? I just wanted some clarity lol.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
What was the reason for disagreeing @surly ? Just would love some feedback on what you thought I was wrong about.
oSu offense is 10x better than Miss State for one. Not sure how you draw that conclusion. Ten times better?

And those two matched up well. Baloney, K-State gifted them 17 points and beat the spread by 14. It was actually a mismatch.

And if this game Saturday is close the second half, that works to K-State not oSu's favor. K-State's veteran, big lines will wear on oSu throughout the game. Cats chances to win it improve by wearing down oSu, not the opposite. That was a bad conclusion on your part. oSu can jump out to a big lead and bury K-State early, I do believe that's a possibility, but not winning late.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
oSu offense is 10x better than Miss State for one. Not sure how you draw that conclusion. Ten times better?

And those two matched up well. Baloney, K-State gifted them 17 points and beat the spread by 14. It was actually a mismatch.

And if this game Saturday is close the second half, that works to K-State not oSu's favor. K-State's veteran, big lines will wear on oSu throughout the game. Cats chances to win it improve by wearing down oSu, not the opposite. That was a bad conclusion on your part. oSu can jump out to a big lead and bury K-State early, I do believe that's a possibility, but not winning late.
To be fair, MSU gifted KSU the ball several times. Like, literally unforced turnovers.

• Agree
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
To be fair, MSU gifted KSU the ball several times. Like, literally unforced turnovers.
The QB dropped the ball once. The other TO's were interceptions, one of which was TO back to MSU on a fumble by the Cats d'back who intercepted the ball. The broadcasters, SEC/ESPN, on several occasions, said K-State was the better team.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
IMO the key for OSU is to have some patients on offense. I get that they want to score fast but they try to hit way too many home runs when there are plenty of singles on the table. K-State will most likely not let the Pokes beat them over the top so patients will be key.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

1. Oklahoma State's offense is rated 11th in the nation right now, while Mississippi State's is ranked 71st.. so the Cowboys aren't 10x better, rather about 7x better right now. Oklahoma State's offense has also always been their strength and has kept them in tons of games over the years against great teams.

2. I was saying KSU and MSU matched up well against each other because both of them are grit and grind teams. MSU doesn't have a great passing attack, and they haven't since Dak Prescott was there. They actually run pretty similar offenses where both use their QB's a ton in the run game.

3. I'm not saying that OSU's going to wear KSU down I'm saying OSU is going to have a quarter where they put up a lot of points, and I think it'll be in the second half when they do that. In every game this year, OSU has put up 17+ points in a single quarter.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I want OSU to win and think they will.

We need KSU to have a "new coach slump" and being in the top 25 isn't fitting that narrative! :)

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Oklahoma State's offense is rated 11th in the nation right now, while Mississippi State's is ranked 71st.. so the Cowboys aren't 10x better, rather about 7x better right now.
That would suggest that there are only 71 teams in D1 football rather than 128. And listen, I don't know who will win this oSu game. It should be a good matchup and whoever wins will be recognized accordingly.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
That would suggest that there are only 71 teams in D1 football rather than 128. And listen, I don't know who will win this oSu game. It should be a good matchup and whoever wins will be recognized accordingly.
Where did I say Mississippi State has the worst offense in college football? I said Okie State's was 10x better, and hand up, I was wrong.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Where did I say Mississippi State has the worst offense in college football? I said Okie State's was 10x better, and hand up, I was wrong.
You didn't. You started by saying they were 10X better than MSU. Then, you said they were 7X better. Then, I showed you they oSu has a top 10 offense while MSU is somewhere in the middle of D1 offenses. No big deal. Let's stop here and see who wins tomorrow. Good luck in Waco.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
giphy.gif

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I mean it's fine to disagree, I have no problem with having a different opinion than mine.. I just wanted to know the reason.. Was it because she thinks Mississippi State is really good? That Oklahoma State's offense is actually not that good? That OSU would win in the end by two scores? I just wanted some clarity lol.
If you care what she thinks you've lost. Don't be a loser.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
This game not on TV????? Only on ESPN+ Is this the new Big 12 programming schedule? Crap!

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Biggest thing I found out from this thread is that I didn't know surly was a girl. That explains the purple comic sans.

tenor.gif

When did this info come out?

Help Support Us

Become a patron