MLB: ***Official 2019 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

I-Statefanin IACity78

Sep 10, 2019
I read the book "the cubs way" by Tom Verducci. He never said it bluntly, but part of the gist in that book is the Cubs were on the verge of being a dynasty. I was a cubs fan as a kid but as an adult i root for the cardinals and white sox just too troll my cubbie family and friends. Some Cubs fans are like Hawkeye fans where they have barely been too Chicago or Iowa city and are fans just cuz they think its cool

Reactions: RonBurgundy

I-Statefanin IACity78

Sep 10, 2019
I also need too say without Jake Arrietta the cubs wouldn't of sniffed the world series. Cubs need an awesome dominant starter. If theo is serious about winning it all again they need too make a ballsy trade. Trade one of there very good hitters for a top notch starting pitcher. Hamells and Quintana are not that. Q was actually much better for the Sox in the AL which was unexpected.

Also they were near the bottom in the NL in strikeouts and contact pct.

Also Joe Maddons unconventional style hurt them more than it helped. They won the WS in spite if Maddons dumbass decisions. It'd be fine if he was let go

• Disagree
Reactions: NoCreativity

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I read the book "the cubs way" by Tom Verducci. He never said it bluntly, but part of the gist in that book is the Cubs were on the verge of being a dynasty. I was a cubs fan as a kid but as an adult i root for the cardinals and white sox just too troll my cubbie family and friends. Some Cubs fans are like Hawkeye fans where they have barely been too Chicago or Iowa city and are fans just cuz they think its cool

Unlike all Cardinal fans who all attend at least 10 games a year, right?

Best racist fans in baseball! The White Sox do probably have a limited number of fans outside Chicago because who would ever choose to root for that ****** franchise.

Walden4Prez

Jul 8, 2014
I'm not in the clubhouse, but I have said all year that the team didn't look to be buying into the Joe thing this season. He is a certain type of manager for a certain type of team. The youngsters are getting older and they don't react the same way as they did before to his style.

I don't know who the answer is. I have been predicting Girardi for a while. Rossy is an interesting idea. Whoever it is needs some pitching help from the front office. There are a couple holes in the lineup that could be filled, but our run differential shows we can score runs.

After late season collapses at the end of the last two seasons, it's time for a new skipper. This season's fall from grace was monumental.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I'm not in the clubhouse, but I have said all year that the team didn't look to be buying into the Joe thing this season. He is a certain type of manager for a certain type of team. The youngsters are getting older and they don't react the same way as they did before to his style.

I don't know who the answer is. I have been predicting Girardi for a while. Rossy is an interesting idea. Whoever it is needs some pitching help from the front office. There are a couple holes in the lineup that could be filled, but our run differential shows we can score runs.

After late season collapses at the end of the last two seasons, it's time for a new skipper. This season's fall from grace was monumental.

No chance it's Girardi.

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Jose Quintana finishes 2019 with a 4.68 ERA, which is the second-worst ERA among qualifying NL starters. Only German Marquez (4.76 ERA) has a worse mark.

— Tony Andracki (@TonyAndracki23) September 27, 2019

will be interesting to see if the Cubs spend $10 million on him or not. Seemed to be a no brainer to start the year.

Interestingly enough he finished with that poor of an ERA despite having a stretch of a month or so where he seemed to be the best pitcher in the league

I-Statefanin IACity78

Sep 10, 2019
Unlike all Cardinal fans who all attend at least 10 games a year, right?

Best racist fans in baseball! The White Sox do probably have a limited number of fans outside Chicago because who would ever choose to root for that ****** franchise.
I concede that a small pct of Card fans are racist. The White sox have few fans and playoff appearances but from 1950-2012 the were easily in the top half of mlb teams in # of winning seasons. Before 2015 and after WW2 the Sox easily had a better franchise then the Cubs

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
So you base your fandom on spite. Truly admirable and a sign of real loyalty to your teams.

I-Statefanin IACity78

Sep 10, 2019
So you base your fandom on spite. Truly admirable and a sign of real loyalty to your teams.
I dont take sports fandom too seriously.
Bur I am the type of guy that roots for Frazier over Ali, Marquez over Pacquiao, Auburn over Alabama, ISU over Iowa, two towers over return of the king ect ect. am a loyal Bears Sox and Cyclone fan but thats it. Cubs fans take more pride in fandom and attendance then any other fans ive seen. I dont hate the Cubs though. Id rather Cubs win over brewers twins indians cardinals yankees red sox royals giants ect any day.

Last edited:

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I dont take sports fandom too seriously.
Bur I am the type of guy that roots for Frazier over Ali, Marquez over Pacquiao, Auburn over Alabama, ISU over Iowa, two towers over return of the king ect ect. am a loyal Bears Sox and Cyclone fan but thats it. Cubs fans take more pride in fandom and attendance then any other fans ive seen. I dont hate the Cubs though. Id rather Cubs win over brewers twins indians cardinals yankees red sox royals giants ect any day.

Yes..this thread is full of nothing but speculation over daily attendance totals , that's what us Cub fans live for.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron