Dish Network dropped Fox channels this afternoon - the broadcast channel, FS1, BTN, FS2.

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
That is more than plenty to stream. I would look at the hardware you are using to see if there are any issues with your modem, router etc that are causing issues with your streaming ability.
Especially don't forget the cables. You can have the best HW but a simple cable issue will screw it all up. Not a bad idea to upgrade those every few years or so.

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: Doc and dawgpound

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
This include slingtv for those who don't know. Those channels are now off sling as sling is owned by Dish.

YTTV, Hulu, PS VUE fwiw.

Well that sucks. At least we just got done playing our games on FS1. The only good thing is that with Sling I can cancel the channels and then resubscribe when they come back. Yep, they gone. I love how they have no warning or credits, this is the message. FS2 is a useless channel so not much loss there.

FS1.jpg

TruClone

Mar 25, 2009
Quad Cities
Just received a $25 credit on my bill after calling due to this.
Hopefully each month. I have Dish as well and they lock you into a 2 year agreement. I would say this would breach the contract on their end but I am sure there is very fine print stating they can drop whatever they want, when they want.

dawgpound

Retired Billy the Barnstormer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2011
Des Moines, iowa
What do you have for a router right now? Modem I would think would be fine with whatever Mediacom gave you.

You can save some coin if you buy your own as well (then you don't pay that rental fee). And you can get a decent one that will last you a few years. Routers, I have always had success with Netgears, TP Link is a solid affordable option too. Depends how much you wanna spend

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
You can save some coin if you buy your own as well (then you don't pay that rental fee). And you can get a decent one that will last you a few years. Routers, I have always had success with Netgears, TP Link is a solid affordable option too. Depends how much you wanna spend
Agree. I have Centurylink and to buy theirs it was $100 or I think $8 a month for rental which means I would have paid for one in a year anyways.

I will say, the modem/router combos they give you have junk routers in them. I run Plex in my house and we had issues from Day 1 with it streaming via LAN. I always suggest to people to get their own router. For $80-$150 you can get something way better and have no issues hopefully.

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
I’

I’ll second the netgear recommendation. I just use the supplied modem.. but a decent router makes all the difference in streaming. A 6-8mb connection should be PLENTY fine to stream a game.

• Agree
Reactions: dawgpound

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
What do you have for a router right now? Modem I would think would be fine with whatever Mediacom gave you.

I will have to check when I get home. I think it is modem router combo. I am Tech stupid on this stuff. We did get some of those boost devices in some areas of the house that had a poor signal and they seem to have helped.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron