Time to cut out our Busch Light love affair

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

agcy68

Feb 9, 2007
Iowa
You don't think some people could be offended by those tweets? If those people are sending money his way, I think they deserve to know that.

How about the later tweets where he shows he is not a racist. Shouldn't that have been part of their article?

If this was all they really had, let him delete the old tweets and move on. Also, who called AB to get their take? I am assuming the DMR. They really were wound up on their high horse for this one. Of course, then the writer was 'discovered' as well. Not sure it is going to end well for him.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Will Cain Show on ESPNU is going to talk about the media digging up tweets in a little bit.

Reactions: CYdTracked

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Maybe that’s part of what makes it relevant. It shows that he really is a good person bc he admitted it to was wrong to say those things and rejects that kind of talk now. And I think his response elevates him. And I think his statement about the register being kind and thanking them for pointing out the old tweets shows even more how great he is.

Also would it be relevant if he stood by the racist tweets?

Why should we have to defend our 16 year old selves? You haven't made that point yet. How is it relevant to who he is today?

Please make the case how our non-fully developed frontal cortex teenage brain selves are of any relevance to who we put ourselves out to the world later as adults? And if you don't make that distinction, then you should not be for any age limitation in life: voting, military, criminal records, etc. etc. ..

• Winner
Reactions: CYdTracked

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Maybe that’s part of what makes it relevant. It shows that he really is a good person bc he admitted it to was wrong to say those things and rejects that kind of talk now. And I think his response elevates him. And I think his statement about the register being kind and thanking them for pointing out the old tweets shows even more how great he is.

Also would it be relevant if he stood by the racist tweets?

Yeah, AB and the DM Register are just singing their praises on how great of a kid Carson King is...

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Pretty sure the register had his press conference on their site and posted his whole statement where he quotes this tweet. Did you read the article? Doesn’t sound like a smear job to me. The article made me like him even more.

According to Murphy and Andy today, all the TV stations sent reporters to the press conference. The Register sent no one. (gulp!)

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
According to Murphy and Andy today, all the TV stations sent reporters to the press conference. The Register sent no one. (gulp!)

Wow, that tells you everything you need to know. The DMR is in for a rude awakening if they think the can just hide in their shell until all of this blows over. The ripple effect is just starting and **** is gonna get weird.

Bo0926

May 10, 2017
Compelled to share- when I called the DMR to cancel they informed me that I will not get a credit for the next 8 months that I had paid for in advance. That'll help their public perception.....

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Alternate headline:

US cheers success that actual racism has ended.
Experts cite outrage over 16 year old retweeting sophomoric joke by well-known comedian about common vowel mispronunciation by foreign nationals as proof that there must not be any actual **** to worry about any more. Celebration has elevated Coors stock 850% on strength of celebration driven primarily by sales in Iowa.