HBO's Succession

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Bump. I personally think you're all wrong and this show is terrific, but maybe I just have champagne tastes.

Nice try but the old man ain't designating you as the successor. ;)

BTW, channel flipped in this season for a few minutes here and there but it still didn't entice me to stay tuned. Wish it had, I need a Sunday night watch.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
meh....got bored with it real quick in 1st episode too....i'm getting tired of shows that are supposed to be "gritty," but really just make you sad or mad. I'm in the zone where I want/need another show to watch, and it just doesn't seem like any new shows are fitting the bill for me....someone told me to try Son, so I am going to give that a whirl.

• Disagree
Reactions: HGoat1

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Bump. I personally think you're all wrong and this show is terrific, but maybe I just have champagne tastes.

Stuck with it, and I'm glad I did. I thought the story really picked up the second half of last season and Brian Cox has been doing really great work in season two.

Reactions: cyfan21

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Stuck with it, and I'm glad I did. I thought the story really picked up the second half of last season and Brian Cox has been doing really great work in season two.

I think Logan, Kendall, and Roman are all great with their parts.

Cousin Greg and Tom's story lines are usually entertaining. They're all horrific people though, so it'll be interesting to see where they take things. I figured the old man's health would be more of a story line, but nope and that's not a bad thing.

• Agree
Reactions: WalkingCY

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
This is one of the best shows HBO has ever done. (ducks and covers)

I thought it looked 'meh' from the get go but everyone and their dog is talking about season two and how good it is. So I was sick last week and decided to try a few episodes. I was hooked in episode one and it just keeps getting better.

Unlikable characters can make for riveting tv if done right, and this does. It's nasty fun even though I hate everyone.

Gordyo5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 3, 2007
Glenwood, Ia
It is one of those shows that I can't always figure out why I like it so much, but it always keeps me hooked. I agree they are all so unlikable (except for Cousin Greg, he's awesome) that it just works out great.

• Agree
Reactions: dahliaclone

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
It is one of those shows that I can't always figure out why I like it so much, but it always keeps me hooked. I agree they are all so unlikable (except for Cousin Greg, he's awesome) that it just works out great.

My friends love Kieran Culkin and think he's so funny. I hate him almost the most. In real life if he made 90% of the remarks he makes I would want to sucker punch him.

Greg is great and so far I like Tom too although but his actions are awful as well. But there is something more endearing about him than any of the Roy children. Again...so far anyway lol

• Agree
Reactions: Gordyo5

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I know it's just a side plot but I'm looking forward to see how Connor's campaign is going. His eulogy for Uncle Mo is one of the most underrated moments of Season 2 so far. A small sample - "And when a man dies, it is sad. All of us will die someday."

Reactions: Gordyo5

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Good God. This was excruciating. I can't decide if the best part is Roman telling him, "You need to stop", Cousin Greg actually kind of getting into it, or the tartan snapback Kendall plunks on Logan's head at the end. Jeremy Strong deserves either an Emmy, a Razzie, or both for this scene.

• Agree
Reactions: Bewilderme

HGoat1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Good God. This was excruciating. I can't decide if the best part is Roman telling him, "You need to stop", Cousin Greg actually kind of getting into it, or the tartan snapback Kendall plunks on Logan's head at the end. Jeremy Strong deserves either an Emmy, a Razzie, or both for this scene.

I feared to watch, but I could not look away. It was nightmare fuel.

HGoat1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2018
Denver, Colorado
I'm addicted to this show.

I like kendall the most. He is the only one of the Roy children that has ever shown any kind of empathy.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I feared to watch, but I could not look away. It was nightmare fuel.

Also, the DJ's face when Kendall gives him a shoutout for laying down the beat is a highlight. DJ Squiggle is not proud of what he did, no matter how much he got paid.

• Funny
Reactions: HGoat1

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I'm addicted to this show.

I like kendall the most. He is the only one of the Roy children that has ever shown any kind of empathy.

I wouldn't say I like him, but I do think he has the most interesting storyline going at the moment. There's just so many ways to go with it.

All of the Roy kids are pitiful, each in their own way. But I don't feel bad for any of them because most of the damage is self-inflicted.

HGoat1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2018
Denver, Colorado
dark episode

Who's going to be the blood sacrifice? Tom or Kendall? Maybe Gerri? My gut tells me Kendall.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
dark episode

Who's going to be the blood sacrifice? Tom or Kendall? Maybe Gerri? My gut tells me Kendall.

I think it's Kendall too. His testimony was great, but they they were already spinning it as a negative at the end of the show, which was odd.

How Tom and Cousin Greg get out of this without jail time will be interesting, but they might just ignore it in a week or two. They're both idiots, but if I were Tom when I got the poison pill, I would've approached Jerry and Logan with some ideas on updating the company's record retention policies. ...or at least had Greg get a fake id for the destruction. Amateur hour.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Greg still has a few of those documents he stuffed down his pants. The Greg and Tom storyline is the most interesting to me at this point in how it all shakes out.

• Winner
Reactions: SolarGarlic

bear24

Aug 7, 2018
***SPOILER

Whatever happened with that rocket explosion in season 1? It seemed like they put that story line in there and just drop it.