Brock Purdy breaks school record for total yards in a game in 3 quarters

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Not sure who handles scheduling but this game should have been before Iowa. Bye week was a mistake. Could have used another game to work the kinks out.
We didn't lose the game because of the date played.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
No. Can we agree it was a scheduling screw up?
giphy.gif

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Haha, lifelong meltdown?

Should I blame refs and a lack of games for things that ISU has control over and doesn't execute, which is a very normal thing no matter what game?

JFC.
Stop melting down. This isn’t a discussion about the Iowa game, it’s a discussion about scheduling. Which ISU does have ultimate control of.

The contention that it’s better to have another game, and thus equal games as the opponent, prior to playing a competitive game is logical. You’ve yet provide any rational thought to counter that. There are some advantages to such an early bye week, but a net negative imo.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Another thread that people are talking about the Iowa game even though it has nothing to do with that. We lost, get over it. Now lets start Big 12 play with a win against Baylor and then have another unbeaten October.
They can’t. The mere mention of saying ULM should have been week 2, brings out the old little brother Cyclone contingent. If that’s not the Iowa game on the other side of the proposed ULM flip, they wouldn’t be so emotionally illogical over a valid and benign comment.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
They can’t. The mere mention of saying ULM should have been week 2, brings out the old little brother Cyclone contingent. If that’s not the Iowa game on the other side of the proposed ULM flip, they wouldn’t be so emotionally illogical over a valid and benign comment.

How is not making excuses for the loss to Iowa a little brother thing when it's more important to be prepped for the trip to Waco?

Emotionally illogical? Benign?

Are you the guy who pops over others' cubicles or work spaces to ask them about their weekend just to make sure they feel lesser after hearing about yours when you interrupt them and talk over them and down to them?

Just a hunch.

Reactions: Cydkar

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Now we need a "blowout" type win vs a Big 12 opponent with great stats, crack the top 25 again, and get him some legit national press for HEISMAN! ;)

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
What I don’t get is why? I don’t think I’ve ever been compelled to seek out news about the hawks and tweet something dumb. Even on our bye week I’m more concerned with watching all the other games that are on.

A portion of their fanbase is severely insecure about anything ISU-related. The Cyclowns simply don't ever deserve praise or press because that is reserved for the Hawkeyes. That's what Hayden told their dads and that's what their dads told them.

There are almost always more Hawkeye fans replying to those tweets than Cyclone fans.

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
Until our RBs start finding the yards, our best offense may be letting Purdy scramble and create. We see how qb play like that frustrates our defense.
It was very nice to see ISU / Brock Purdy highlights on ESPN Final last night / this morning - even though neither team is ranked, and the game was on FSN1. BTW, they did not show ANY highlights on the same show in 2002 Mizzou Game (even though ISU was still ranked and they showed all available ranked highlights back then) - when Seneca set his record, because the game was not on TV anywhere! So, 17 years later, I think I might finally be able to get over that 2002 Cyclone slight from so many years ago!

:D
Am sure this has been discussed somewhere. What happened on LM's first FG? I thought I saw it good, was called good, score posted on video 3-0. Next thing, I see the score 0-0. Nothing said about it.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Now we need a "blowout" type win vs a Big 12 opponent with great stats, crack the top 25 again, and get him some legit national press for HEISMAN! ;)

Laugh, but that may not be too far outta reach to haul in with performances like last Saturday.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Laugh, but that may not be too far outta reach to haul in with performances like last Saturday.

Yeah...slightly being funny...but if his stats are even half what they were Saturday, consistently, and we are winning games...it'd be hard to ignore him....probably not THIS year, but pre-season Heisman watch.

BUT, I'm pumping the breaks here....and going to enjoy one game at a time and everything else will fall into place.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron