End the Iowa Series?

• Yes

Votes: 189 38.9%
  • No

Votes: 297 61.1%

• Total voters

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Yep, I say end it. We can go around and see a bunch of close fun Big 10 and former Big 12 schools. Iowa can go to Oxford, Mississippi, Chapel Hill, NC, and Fayetteville, Arkansas. Enjoy.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Just out now. I'll let you guys hash it out but I'm starting to get the feeling that Iowa wants out of this game.

Wish I had words to describe how flummoxed by the unbelievable ******** these folks are stooping to.

I genuinely believe what I have heard to be accurate. Yes ISU fans flipped the band ****. Nowhere near what they are claiming. The injuries that they are referencing occurred on the ride back to Iowa City as the band was drinking HARD in their buses on way home. Constructively the injuries were reported and instead of saying "yeah we were **** caked on the bus and the injuries happened during our celebration." They blamed ISU fans.

The reason this thing is illogical is that it didn't happen.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
This is crazy. No one has officially reported anything and the UI Pres and AD have not made any specific allegations. If UI based policy decisions based on unsubstantiated rumors, they would have had to shut down their football program years ago.
We are guilty in the court of Twitter. This is 2019, we have to deal with the facts....of Tweets.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
I would love to play ANY other power 5 school instead of Iowa, and I've said that for years after having terrible experiences back in my "hometown", Iowa City. But this is such an easy fix. This was a matter of Iowa's band being obnoxious playing the fight song leaving Trice all the while holding up fans that were up there way too long. This is not an excuse for the behavior that allegedly happened.
First fix, don't take the opposing band.
Second fix, if we keep sending the band, then have them take the route the opposing players take. Unfortunately where the band is they would more than likely have to cross through the students. They should be let out on the field after a game, assuming no fan rushing of the field. If fans rush the field take the band out via the concourse.
Lastly, play on the field, but not in the general population after the game.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
I've always been a huge fan of the rivalry game but I have to say I wouldn't shed any tears if it wasn't played for a while. It has zero to do with winning and losing and everything to do with people on both sides that can't seem handle this rivalry. Sanity needs to come in somewhere. I'll say this much...the leadership on wherever this thing goes is going to have to come from Iowa State 100%. The U of I administration has proven time and time again they are simply inept at even adequately handling most anything.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I would love to play ANY other power 5 school instead of Iowa, and I've said that for years after having terrible experiences back in my "hometown", Iowa City. But this is such an easy fix. This was a matter of Iowa's band being obnoxious playing the fight song leaving Trice all the while holding up fans that were up there way too long. This is not an excuse for the behavior that allegedly happened.
First fix, don't take the opposing band.
Second fix, if we keep sending the band, then have them take the route the opposing players take. Unfortunately where the band is they would more than likely have to cross through the students. They should be let out on the field after a game, assuming no fan rushing of the field. If fans rush the field take the band out via the concourse.
Lastly, play on the field, but not in the general population after the game.

Agree with everything here except:
1. The opposing band should NEVER be playing on our field

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
The Hawk fanbase is straight up trash but even they deserve better than what they get from their discrimination settlement paying AD and hospital contractor stiffing president.

This is a wanted distraction by them.

clonefan54

Apr 15, 2006
Do people realize that we would have 0 rivalry games if not for the Iowa game? Nebraska would be about the only regional game that would have half as much fan interest and I doubt we regularly schedule Nebraska. Iowa can replace Miami (Ohio) or Middle Tennessee on their schedule if they want to listen to their idiot fans about upgrading the schedule. Didn’t see any other issues the whole day except for this marching band “incident”.

SuperTrooper

Mar 26, 2012
I will be concerned about these accusations as soon as someone who may have been impacted by them files a police report with the Ames PD. If stuff as serious that has been talked about took place, the police, not the Universities need to be dealing with it.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
[QUOTE="clonefan54, post: 6816690, member: 1459"]Do people realize that we would have 0 rivalry games if not for the Iowa game? Nebraska would be about the only regional game that would have half as much fan interest and I doubt we regularly schedule Nebraska. Iowa can replace Miami (Ohio) or Middle Tennessee on their schedule if they want to listen to their idiot fans about upgrading the schedule. Didn’t see any other issues the whole day except for this marching band “incident”.[/QUOTE]

So?

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Chicken... Bawk Bawk... Who's about to become the little brother?

For the record if they do bail I'm fine with keeping UNI as the in-state rival game. We just don't need two, especially against a good FCS team.

• Funny
Reactions: HOU_Blue

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
I'm in the minority, but I would be so happy not playing Iowa anymore, it is weeks of build up stress before the game, then weeks of trash talking following the game. It means "so much," that is agonizingly painful, especially if you work with Hawkeye fans or have a lot of Hawkeye family members.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Iowa wants out, and I'm good with it. We don't need them to validate our program and we can schedule some pretty interesting match ups.
Completely agree. We could schedule someone who is a national brand or maybe a P5 team who plays a style that could help us get ready for Big12 play.

• Winner
Reactions: CyBobby