Hey old farts. What did they call Jack Trice in 1977? It certainly wasn't "Cyclone Stadium"!

CyAg

May 22, 2006
Well sonny, get off my lawn and out of our stadium! Used to ride my Kawasaki cycle right up to the field where Bergstom is now and walk in with a canteen slung over my shoulder. Water of course.

Reactions: Spanky

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
Christening a new stadium with a win, and still below the top headline of an Iowa loss.

They will never change.
On the plus side, the win got equal billing with the heading on the front page detailing the excuses for why the Hawks lost.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
You cannot handle the truth, this conspiracy goes back ages......EIU has been trying to steal the best from ISU for over a century...to when UofI tried to have all female students transferred from ISU to UofI.
Wha???

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
How strong was the student interest in 1977 for naming the stadium after Jack Trice? Some of the historians talk a lot about the interest being generated by the students, but there is also plenty of evidence of the faculty and staff stirring up the support on many occasions.

alabamacyclone

Feb 11, 2019
I was at ISU from 81 to 86. We generally referred to it jokingly as No Name Stadium. Then the story about Jack Trice was circulated once again (in the Daily, I believe) and the students all got on board for the stadium name. Disappointment was rampant when the compromise was completed, but we felt that it was a matter of time before the stadium would one day be name for Jack Trice. Turns out we were correct.

• Informative
Reactions: Cycsk