Parking Spot Taken--Grr

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Probably. But, again, if there are open spots in the same lot after a quarter it seems silly to worry about it.

But honestly I’m being contrary for fun and because it seems stupid to bring it up. CyAg got what he wanted and justice for the parking space. It cost him maybe 15 minutes of time. I hope he didn’t miss a touchdown.

Are you dense? Or are you drunk? If my name is on a spot and someone is in that spot they deserve to be towed. I am not going to park in a different spot with someone else's name on it because then if they come after me they have the same situation I just had.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Are you dense? Or are you drunk? If my name is on a spot and someone is in that spot they deserve to be towed. I am not going to park in a different spot with someone else's name on it because then if they come after me they have the same situation I just had.

They deserve to get towed. I personally wouldn’t fight it TODAY. last week I would have.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella

Kinda like saying if you aren’t in your seats before kickoff and I take them I get to keep them lol.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Not me, if someone is in my seats they will move. I paid for those seats because they are the ones I want and that is where I am sitting.

Exactly. I hate it when people move all around trying to get better seats during a game. Yeah I understand people leave and sometimes don’t come back but when you get kicked out 3 or 4 times stop taking the seats next to them.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Do you skip lines too? Because it's no big deal? Toss the grocery cart on the median?

I promise I do none of this. ;). I sit in my assigned seats only. I’ve never THOUGHT about parking in a lot I wasn’t assigned to. I’m a rule follower.

Reactions: Yorel Fusspucker

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Lets be clear...I did not request the tow, but I did have to leave the game to make sure we were ok, so while it may have been an accident, I get it..it still had a cost to us in going out based on someone else's bad decision. This has happened to us twice the last few years. I also know someone who arrived at half (was at kids soccer games all morning) that had the same situation. I was advised ISU tows 2-4 each game. The simple solution is to leave parking staff in the lots through the first half at least. Sorry if I sounded strident.

Well did you grab an extra beer while you were out there? If not that's your mistake;). JK I don't have a horse in this race at all.

CyAg

May 22, 2006
How do you know someone didn't park in their spot and they made a judgement call to park in yours?

Last week for the Iowa game the paved lots were packed and old people (always in an Audi or Lexus for some reason) pull in 45 minutes before kick and drive around trying to find a spot. I know it's a different situation, but sometimes the right decision is just to not worry about it.

Sounds good in theory but that just kicks the can down the road to the next person if someone is in their spot because we parked there. Again the AD checked the plate to see if it was a Cyclone Club member, and if it was someone who was forced to go to a different spot, they would have likely still put their pass up in the window.

You are correct it is not apples to apples and I agree people should be there earlier. However, the AD has stressed aisle need to be open to access parking and many times people do come later because they have no choice. Regardless, what does the type of car have anything to do with it.

• Agree
Reactions: Sparkplug

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Sounds good in theory but that just kicks the can down the road to the next person if someone is in their spot because we parked there. Again the AD checked the plate to see if it was a Cyclone Club member, and if it was someone who was forced to go to a different spot, they would have likely still put their pass up in the window.

You are correct it is not apples to apples and I agree people should be there earlier. However, the AD has stressed aisle need to be open to access parking and many times people do come later because they have no choice. Regardless, what does the type of car have anything to do with it.

I love the show up earlier comments. What a douchey comeback imo. Because my kids have VB tournaments or youth FB games on those mornings, I’m supposed to skip one since I can’t show up more than 10-15 minutes before kickoff. I know the one you responded to said older, but I have been yelled at and given crap for this.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Unlike tickets for seats in the stadium for which there are staff on hand to make sure people are sitting in the correct places throughout the game, don't they pull the parking people out of the lots pretty early in the game. Not sure if there is an official policy, but I think they are functionally opening the unused spots in the reserved lots to the public pretty soon after kickoff. I know they do the same for basketball. Perhaps the only perk for coming late is the opportunity to park really close.

Curious if anyone knows if there is an official policy about if/when reserved spots are opened to the public.

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
So one of our party could not be at game until after1st quarter. They had a reserved stall pass and someone parked in it. (Second time this has happened in the last 3 years)

So they parked in an nearby spot. To make sure our parties car was not towed called the in-game contact number and had to leave game and walk out to the lot. ISU responded quickly and ran the plates.

If it was a Cyclone club member, I suggested they just contact and have a talk with them, if not tow. They did decide to tow regardless to protect the parking spots.

IMHO they need to keep parking staff out in lots through the first half for this type of issue.

I've almost thrown hands because someone parked in my assigned spot.

Tow that mother ******. You paid for the spot. It can sit empty if you aren't using it.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Unlike tickets for seats in the stadium for which there are staff on hand to make sure people are sitting in the correct places throughout the game, don't they pull the parking people out of the lots pretty early in the game. Not sure if there is an official policy, but I think they are functionally opening the unused spots in the reserved lots to the public pretty soon after kickoff. I know they do the same for basketball. Perhaps the only perk for coming late is the opportunity to park really close.

Curious if anyone knows if there is an official policy about if/when reserved spots are opened to the public.

They shouldn’t ever open up the reserved spots for public parking and maybe need to leave one attendant in those reserved lots to help with this.

We are talking about reserved parking spots with an individual’s name or company painted on the spot, not lots that require a pass but are general admission once you are in them.

CyAg

May 22, 2006

They are pulling them from these lots a little early and I think that needs to be addressed which I will suggest to the department.

CyAg

May 22, 2006
They shouldn’t ever open up the reserved spots for public parking and maybe need to leave one attendant in those reserved lots to help with this.

We are talking about reserved parking spots with an individual’s name or company painted on the spot, not lots that require a pass but are general admission once you are in them.

Most of them are just numbered now vs name/company. However, they are up to over a 1000 reserved stalls so, they do need to have someone out for a little longer.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Someone sat in CyAg’s seat while he was in the parking lot preventing his friend’s car from being towed.

• Funny
Reactions: CyAg

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron