Parking Spot Taken--Grr

CyAg

May 22, 2006
So one of our party could not be at game until after1st quarter. They had a reserved stall pass and someone parked in it. (Second time this has happened in the last 3 years)

So they parked in an nearby spot. To make sure our parties car was not towed called the in-game contact number and had to leave game and walk out to the lot. ISU responded quickly and ran the plates.

If it was a Cyclone club member, I suggested they just contact and have a talk with them, if not tow. They did decide to tow regardless to protect the parking spots.

IMHO they need to keep parking staff out in lots through the first half for this type of issue.

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
So one of our party could not be at game until after1st quarter. They had a reserved stall pass and someone parked in it. (Second time this has happened in the last 3 years)

So they parked in an nearby spot. To make sure our parties car was not towed called the in-game contact number and had to leave game and walk out to the lot. ISU responded quickly and ran the plates.

If it was a Cyclone club member, I suggested they just contact and have a talk with them, if not tow. They did decide to tow regardless to protect the parking spots.

IMHO they need to keep parking staff out in lots through the first half for this type of issue.
If someone pays for a reserved spot, the reserved spot should be there. Folks pay a tidy sum to park there.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
No argument...but we are in the 1st world and paying for it.

Did your friend have to park far away? It seems like a **** move to even draw attention to it at that point. Probably very few coming to game that late.

More than likely it was an accident. Why even bring it up on here? Your friend got the person towed. Problem solved.

CyAg

May 22, 2006
Did your friend have to park far away? It seems like a **** move to even draw attention to it at that point.

More than likely it was an accident.
Not really, but I had to leave the game to make sure their car was not towed if they were in someone else's spot. So yeah, there was a cost in time to someone parking in a reserved spot. I did not want them towed but this is the AD's policy and I get it. They took the risk.

CyAg

May 22, 2006
Did your friend have to park far away? It seems like a **** move to even draw attention to it at that point. Probably very few coming to game that late.

More than likely it was an accident. Why even bring it up on here? Your friend got the person towed. Problem solved.
It was a general post on something that happened and perhaps provide some background for some in the future. My apologies that a general post did not meet your standards of worthy to post.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Not really, but I had to leave the game to make sure their car was not towed if they were in someone else's spot. So yeah, there was a cost in time to someone parking in a reserved spot. I did not want them towed but this is the AD's policy and I get it. They took the risk.

I assume the time to get to the reserved spots is less than 5 minutes.

Obviously you can do what you want. And obviously the spot was theirs. But common sense says it would have been fine.

Lots of empty donor spots today. I see them on my mile walk to stadium ;)

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
It was a general post on something that happened and perhaps provide some background for some in the future. My apologies that a general post did not meet your standards of worthy to post.

I think everyone knows they should not park in those spots. Either it was an accident or someone took the risk seeing that there were so few people there.

I’m glad that rouge person will have to shell out money today!

• Disagree
Reactions: TyCloneHoops

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Then pay for the spot, your decision not to.

Oh, I know. I’m not complaining and I actually have a spot I don’t use. I’m saying there were lots of extra spots today. So it seemed stupid for anyone to raise a fuss or for Iowa State to tow.

Now had this happened to you last week I’d be right here ******** with you ;). But I’m guessing they were extra careful last week.

I bet they learned their lesson.

Does this happen often?

• Agree
Reactions: Frak

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Oh, I know. I’m not complaining and I actually have a spot I don’t use. I’m saying there were lots of extra spots today. So it seemed stupid for anyone to raise a fuss or for Iowa State to tow.

Now had this happened to you last week I’d be right here ******** with you ;). But I’m guessing they were extra careful last week.

Does this happen often?

It doesn't matter the game, if you have a reserved designated spot that is your spot and if someone is in that spot they should be towed right away with no questions asked.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
It doesn't matter the game, if you have a reserved designated spot that is your spot and if someone is in that spot they should be towed right away with no questions asked.

Probably. But, again, if there are open spots in the same lot after a quarter it seems silly to worry about it.

But honestly I’m being contrary for fun and because it seems stupid to bring it up. CyAg got what he wanted and justice for the parking space. It cost him maybe 15 minutes of time. I hope he didn’t miss a touchdown.

• Friendly
Reactions: LindenCy

CyAg

May 22, 2006

Does this happen often?
Lets be clear...I did not request the tow, but I did have to leave the game to make sure we were ok, so while it may have been an accident, I get it..it still had a cost to us in going out based on someone else's bad decision. This has happened to us twice the last few years. I also know someone who arrived at half (was at kids soccer games all morning) that had the same situation. I was advised ISU tows 2-4 each game. The simple solution is to leave parking staff in the lots through the first half at least. Sorry if I sounded strident.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Used to go to basketball games with my preschool aged daughter and would show up at half (she only had stamina for a half) and we always parked in an empty reserved spot. I figured if they weren’t there by then they weren’t coming. Never got towed. Hate away!

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames

Does this happen often?
Read the original post. Doesn’t matter if this was the first time or the 20th, it’s wrong and the driver will pay for that bad decision. Why are you so pissy? I’m guessing it’s not your car.

CyAg

May 22, 2006
Probably. But, again, if there are open spots in the same lot after a quarter it seems silly to worry about it.

But honestly I’m being contrary for fun and because it seems stupid to bring it up. CyAg got what he wanted and justice for the parking space. It cost him maybe 15 minutes of time. I hope he didn’t miss a touchdown.
I get contrarian, but I should not have to walk out to the lots for someone else's bad decision.

• Agree
Reactions: cygrads

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Lets be clear...I did not request the tow, but I did have to leave the game to make sure we were ok, so while it may have been an accident, I get it..it still had a cost to us in going out based on someone else's bad decision. This has happened to us twice the last few years. I also know someone who arrived at half (was at kids soccer games all morning) that had the same situation. I was advised ISU tows 2-4 each game. The simple solution is to leave parking staff in the lots through the first half at least. Sorry if I sounded strident.

That makes sense.

And honestly email Jamie. I suspect big donors will get a response.

Hell, I’m only a $1000 donor and the week after I emailed him about a bad intersection after games, there was a traffic sign out there and has been there since then.

• Winner
Reactions: Aclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron