Gary Barta everybody

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
He wouldn’t be the smartest human in the room if he was in a room full wood peckers.
Again, adding emphasis to the salient point.

IMO, he survives because he rarely posts, just emojis his way through life. One can only assume he has a limited vocabulary.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
To me, a lot of things just don't make much sense about this.

Where did it happen? I still have not heard that specified.....except it was on the way back to the bus supposedly.

Why was it not reported to any police? Supposedly, there were 3 Des Moines police officers and an Iowa City oficer traveling with the band. Has anyone heard anything from them? If not, why was it not reported to them?

Something is missing from this story. Seems like the only evidence provided at all is from the members of the band. No camera or cell phone pics or video. No police reports at all. No verification of any sort apparently from any other witnesses other than people associated with the band.

Then you have what is apparently problems for the ISU band at Kinnick in the past. Jamie/Gary - here's a novel idea- leave your band at home on a road game.

DeBruzzio

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Fort Dodge native

Where did it happen? I still have not heard that specified.....except it was on the way back to the bus supposedly.

Why was it not reported to any police? Supposedly, there were 3 Des Moines police officers and an Iowa City oficer traveling with the band. Has anyone heard anything from them? If not, why was it not reported to them?

Something is missing from this story. Seems like the only evidence provided at all is from the members of the band. No camera or cell phone pics or video. No police reports at all. No verification of any sort apparently from any other witnesses other than people associated with the band.

Then you have what is apparently problems for the ISU band at Kinnick in the past. Jamie/Gary - here's a novel idea- leave your band at home on a road game.
Oh no, Keith and Andy said that it would be terrible to leave the bands at home. LOL

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL

If true, I apologize to any victims in advance, but this is sketchy as ****. Seems like a smear campaign to me, from the initial press release to no authorities having any information whatsoever, except what has been posted on social media. You do not have to expose the victims to still give some concrete information.

DeBruzzio

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Fort Dodge native
The latter portion of that message sounds a lot more like a guy who wants to move on, not someone seeking an investigation. It just adds to the confusion.

The only scenario I can think of that ties this all together is that crappy but fairly routine behavior took place, Barta knows there isn't much to it, but has to go through the motions here because of his reputation for insensitivity. He's trying to walk the tightrope of showing he's taking it seriously without actually doing anything about it because the allegations are weak and/or can't be proven and it will only prolong the embarrassment for both schools.

I have no idea if that's true but it would explain most, if not all, of the weird behavior this week.
And Barta does not want anyone investigating what goes on a Kinnick to opposin fan bases.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron