MLB: ***Official 2019 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Stick a fork in these scrubs! Yeah, lets bring in a guy to pinch hit who hasnt seen live pitching in 3 weeks. Joe needs to ride off into the sunset, this is unbearable to watch anymore.

• Winner
Reactions: HoustonClone

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Stick a fork in these scrubs! Yeah, lets bring in a guy to pinch hit who hasnt seen live pitching in 3 weeks. Joe needs to ride off into the sunset, this is unbearable to watch anymore.

I told some buddies we might as well let him go today after he took out Q in the 4th with the bases loaded in this important of a game for a guy who has 3 MLB relief appearances.

Stand by he is the best manager in the game for young, up and coming teams because he doesn't make a 162 game season seem long. However, he makes way too many questionable decisions that end up becoming big time mistakes.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I told some buddies we might as well let him go today after he took out Q in the 4th with the bases loaded in this important of a game for a guy who has 3 MLB relief appearances.

I love Joe and what he's done for them but Ricketts needs to clean house as far as Im concerned. This is completely unacceptable to collapse like this.

• Agree
Reactions: HoustonClone

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I agree - I think we have a lot of selfish, not selfless, players on this roster. We need more guys like David Ross and less guys swinging for the fence at a ball out of the zone on a 3-0 count.

What did you think about bringing Baez in to pinch hit? Dude hasn't seen live pitching in a month and hacks at everything, I could see that 3 pitch strikeout coming from a mile away.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
What did you think about bringing Baez in to pinch hit? Dude hasn't seen live pitching in a month and hacks at everything, I could see that 3 pitch strikeout coming from a mile away.
Gimmicky as ****.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Be careful....we all watched the Brewers do this last year. Your only saving grace is you have 4 games left with us.

Not going to argue with that. It is still crazy they Brewers are that bad at DIFF and will more than likely make the playoffs,

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I'm sure I'll get killed for this but we owe Joe nothing. He pissed away one of the best young corps this franchise has ever seen. If it's not for Zo, he'd be this decades Bartman for his atrocious bullpen management against the Indians.

Great guy but I wont be sad to see him go

I think you mean Theo there.

Reactions: FinalFourCy

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I'm sure I'll get killed for this but we owe Joe nothing. He pissed away one of the best young corps this franchise has ever seen. If it's not for Zo, he'd be this decades Bartman for his atrocious bullpen management against the Indians.

Great guy but I wont be sad to see him go

Not really, Ive always been a huge Joe homer and I understand your frustration, that was mind-boggling pulling Hendricks like that in Game 7. It seems like in big games he starts panicking anytime the starting pitcher gives up a hit or 2 after about the 4th inning.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Our frustrations will be forgotten by February. So much money to play with, we’re going to have a lot of new toys.

It’s almost like a fixer upper. Strip everything but keep the foundation and go from there

cyLKUIF

Jun 3, 2016
This team hasn't been fun at all this year. Joe needs to go and Theo/Jed need to be better. Time to develop some young pitching and cut bait on some of the lost causes. Really like Nico. We *should* have some money to spend this offseason. Lets spend it wisely. But as far as 2019 is concerned, they were trash and I'm ready for 2020.