MLB: ***Official 2019 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Few weeks ago I read in an article Castellanos would be between $15-20 million and Rendon would be $20-25 million.

Given that we’re expected to have $60 million to use in FAs, that’s $35-45 million.

If we keep them on the low end and let Q go, that’s around $20-30 million to still spend on extensions or FAs

Wonder if we’d go crazy and get Cole

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Can we all agree I told you so in August now or do I have to wait another week?

When .104 lifetime hitter Jon Lester hits a homerun and thinks he's a proffesional hitter

hey just traded away their 2017 first round pick as part of a package for two months of a platoon OF.

Hoerner seems like such a low ceiling guy to me. If he's playing a prominent role for the Cubs I don't think it bodes well for the future

Trading Montgomery for Maldonado turned Kemp was absolutely a bad deal.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: CyJack13

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I mean Tony kemp is like a pretty bad player man. He had a good at bat.

Oh I agree, he isn’t worthy of starting for this team. But to think we could’ve got anything worthy to replace anyone who already plays significantly for Montgomery is HILARIOUS.

(I also don’t think it should be let go the team-player Kemp is...Jonathan Herrera didn’t catch any crap in 2015 for serving the exact same purpose)

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Oh I agree, he isn’t worthy of starting for this team. But to think we could’ve got anything worthy to replace anyone who already plays significantly for Montgomery is HILARIOUS.

(I also don’t think it should be let go the team-player Kemp is...Jonathan Herrera didn’t catch any crap in 2015 for serving the exact same purpose)
You’re desperate, we get it.

Reactions: CyJack13

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

It's not worth arguing anything with Jack. He's always right. No matter what.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I took a little nap and missed Tony Kemp hitting the go ahead run in a winner take all game for the NL Central? Damn can’t believe the Cubs are three outs from clinching a playoff spot.

Reactions: FinalFourCy

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
It's not worth arguing anything with Jack. He's always right. No matter what.

The Cubs aren’t a top five team. The Cubs have minor league development issues. The Cubs are trying, and failing, to develop impact arms internally. The 2016 Cubs were an elite team. Turning Mike Montgomery into Tony Kemp is not good roster management. Tony Kemp is not a good player.

I mean, take a shot at the other side of any of those crazy stances I’ve taken.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I took a little nap and missed Tony Kemp hitting the go ahead run in a winner take all game for the NL Central? Damn can’t believe the Cubs are three outs from clinching a playoff spot.

Did you also take a nap when we went on our 5 game win streak last week or was that just a weird coincidence you weren’t around when things were going well?

CyJack13

May 21, 2010

Jonathan Herrera was terrible, he had four at bats in Sep that year after Javy was called back up. The fact that the Cubs now have a similar player getting big at bats is a good sign of why their window of title contention, that opened after they took off in Aug of 2015, has closed.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
The Cubs aren’t a top five team. The Cubs have minor league development issues. The Cubs are trying, and failing, to develop impact arms internally. The 2016 Cubs were an elite team. Turning Mike Montgomery into Tony Kemp is not good roster management. Tony Kemp is not a good player.

I mean, take a shot at the other side of any of those crazy stances I’ve taken.
I’m going to disagree with you for months, claiming you’re wrong (and by default I’m correct), then complain about you like a little ***** when it turns out otherwise. I am ISUCubswin.