Gary Barta everybody

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
The investigation being reopened doesn’t mean **** and is just nothing more than Barta saving face if no one goes to the police.

I would almost think they would have to go to the police at this point. If parents are mad, if kids are saying stuff on social media, they obviously know who it was.

This isn’t like a standard sexual assault trial where the prosecutor would do their very best to impugn the character of the assault victim. If there were racial slurs being thrown around, it has to have been seen/heard/recorded.

• Funny
Reactions: criticalobserver

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Just simply reporting what I was told by a very solid source. Looks like it was solid information.
Please tell your solid source, should the source have any influence, to advocate for this to be fully reported to the police (if it hasn't). Time to let the proper authorities handle this.

Last edited:
  • Funny

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
I would almost think they would have to go to the police at this point. If parents are mad, if kids are saying stuff on social media, they obviously know who it was.

This isn’t like a standard sexual assault trial where the prosecutor would do their very best to impugn the character of the assault victim. If there were racial slurs being thrown around, it has to have been seen/heard/recorded.
Impugning the character of the victim would be ****** prosecution strategy. That is what defense attorneys do.

criticalobserver

Apr 22, 2018
Mar-A-Lago
clear.png

Yes indeed, even though old slinking-in-the-shadows critical observer might say otherwise.

Link?

I would obviously defer to your successful career as someone who is admitted to the Iowa bar. Based on your posts here, your understanding of the rules of criminal procedure is high, and we are fortunate you gave up money, which is normally the measure of competence and success in the legal field, to teach law. Presumably at a law school.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
clear.png

Link?

I would obviously defer to your successful career as someone who is admitted to the Iowa bar. Based on your posts here, your understanding of the rules of criminal procedure is high, and we are fortunate you gave up money, which is normally the measure of competence and success in the legal field, to teach law. Presumably at a law school.
Hey smiley, this isn't about me, nor is it about your incorrect assumptions about my career. Carry on with your ridiculous emoji-laden skulking. Back on the ignore list you go.

criticalobserver

Apr 22, 2018
Mar-A-Lago
Hey smiley, this isn't about me, nor is it about your incorrect assumptions about my career. Carry on with your ridiculous emoji-laden skulking. Back on the ignore list you go.

It's difficult to tell from your self promoting posts that it isn't about you. Ignore away. Ignore facts, and slink back into your fantasy world, where you are an expert legal mind.

• Dumb
  • Useful
Reactions: VeloClone and JP4CY

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
It's difficult to tell from your self promoting posts that it isn't about you. Ignore away. Ignore facts, and slink back into your fantasy world, where you are an expert legal mind.
Ah so this is about your personal feelings of inadequacy then--seeing self-promotion in the statement of simple facts and experiences. We all know what you are, I guess.

• Useful

criticalobserver

Apr 22, 2018
Mar-A-Lago
Ah so this is about your personal feelings of inadequacy then--seeing self-promotion in the statement of simple facts and experiences. We all know what you are, I guess.

So not ignoring then, Barrister? Again, I defer to your legal prowess, where (in your fantasy world) only defense attorneys impugn. Never prosecuting attorneys. In the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

• Dumb
Reactions: JP4CY

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
So not ignoring then, Barrister? Again, I defer to your legal prowess, where (in your fantasy world) only defense attorneys impugn. Never prosecuting attorneys. In the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
So we should add reading comprehension to your list, as well as a lack of knowledge about the US legal system. I did not say that prosecutors never impugn. Tell you what, why don't you stop before you reveal more of your inadequacies. Have a nice day, Smiley Mc Tool.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
So we should add reading comprehension to your list, as well as a lack of knowledge about the US legal system. I did not say that prosecutors never impugn. Tell you what, why don't you stop before you reveal more of your imadequacies. Have a nice day, Smiley Mc Tool.
At a certain point one would think @criticalobserver would realize how he is embarrassing himself.