The Best Team Lost...Again

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
I had an Iowa fan at work this week ask me what I thought about the game.... you know with a half smirk on his face, expecting me to praise Iowa, etc.

I said that I felt a LOT better about ISU this season after the Iowa game than I did after the UNI game. I said ISU played much better against Iowa than they did against UNI. I mentioned that UNI's DL got pressure most of the day on Purdy, but Iowa never even touched him. I said we moved the ball up and down the field on Iowa, but just couldn't capitalize. I thought we looked like the better team with a much higher ceiling than Iowa if we could just eliminate the stupid mistakes.

He didn't have much of a response to that, and didn't seem too happy about it. I figured he'd counter my narrative, but I think he pretty much felt the same way with his silence.
Had a similar conversation but my friend claimed Iowa was just tried to keep Purdy in the pocket so they didn’t rush hard. They were playing the classic “bend but don’t break defense” but their corner just made 2 mistakes. What a lame excuse.

• Funny
Reactions: breck53

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
He's terrible
giphy.gif

DeBruzzio

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Fort Dodge native
Iowa seems like the exact same team every year. They never seem improve and they never seem to get worse. Even the team that started out 11-0 a few years ago didn't seem much better than the one the year before or the one after. They usually make a run at 10+ wins when they rotate OSU off their schedule. Nothing wrong with that.
But Captain Kirk only has 5 top 25 finishes in the past 21 years, with the 4 highest salary in D1 Football. Damning statistic if you ask me. Good developer of line talent, but mediocre as a game day head coach.

• Funny
Reactions: CyBobby and breck53

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Purdy looked unstoppable. When he has time he makes smart decisions. And the O-line is giving him time consistently. Look out Big 12, seriously

Purdy made smart decisions last week under pressure as well for the most part.

Actually I wish he'd be a bit quicker on some throws. Some of this scrambles could have been avoided today with a quick flip to someone underneath or out to the RBs.

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
I could see it being fairly close to this for both teams.

I would swap Baylor and TCU for ISU's W/L.

Iowa having PSU/NW as W/L either-or seems logical. I'll pencil in a loss at UW.

I haven't watched Baylor at all this year, do most of you guys think they'll be tougher than TCU? The Frogs looked pretty good against PU, but I'm in a wait and see pattern with Duggan.

You're probably right on Wisc, but the optimist in me says Iowa is due. They had a great shot last year and came up short, hope it goes our way this year. They've looked good against a couple cupcakes so far, tomorrows game will be a much better indicator of where they're at.

After Saturday, I think you're pretty spot on. TCU didn't look near as good against SMU, definitely think ISU takes that one going away. Still unsure on Baylor, but Vegas apparently thinks it will a pretty good game.

As far as Iowa, Wisc definitely should be a L at this point, they look like a legit top 10 team. Michigan looks like a tossup, they still have a lot of talent and are playing at home, but look absolutely lost at this point. We'll see if they get it figured out in the next couple weeks.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10
Status
Not open for further replies.