Assuming Tomorrow’s Game is Cancelled

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I guess no one knows who else has a Nov 2nd bye.

For me if it were to come to that, let it go and use that as a bye week. Beating Texas and/or OU would be worth it and a week of rest may be needed.

If ISU were to go 7-4 or 8-3, that's still a nice record and probably a good bowl.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
What FBS teams have byes on 11/2?

I assume we’ll look to replace the second bye week. The second bye is awfully valuable now that we can set our watches to losing a September game every year.

Lol, this is what you post as you wake up?

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
Can we shoot our guns or the cannon into the storms clouds to scare off the rain and lightning?

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
When did lightning delays become a thing? Like when did they institute the rule about the 8 mile radius, 30 minute delay?

Sorry late to the party and didn't read from page 2 on to see if your question was answered.

This has always been a thing, but never really enforced by Stadiums and racetracks.

In August 2012 a fan was killed and 9 were injured at a NASCAR race in Pocono. In 2014 there was a lawsuit against Nascar and Pocono. In 2016 the courts ruled in favor of Nascar and Pocono, but it was a huge fight.

Now I can't find any story that organizations like Nascar, NFL, NCAA, MLB etc took that as a warning, but it seems as though these last 3-5 years you have seen much stricter enforcement of lightning policies because nobody wants to be put in that situation.

Again this may not be the definitive answer, but connecting the dots it seems to point to this incident as a change.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I sure looks to me like all the rain is in southeast Iowa. Radar looks promising, and the hourly forecast on weather.gov keeps improving as well!

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
So since the morning rain is staying south of Ames, and models show that storms won't reform until late afternoon/evening, is it safe to assume the game is still cancelled??

• Funny

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
So since the morning rain is staying south of Ames, and models show that storms won't reform until late afternoon/evening, is it safe to assume the game is still cancelled??

Probably... just to be on the safe side. It could possibly rain and lightning..... so we should just be proactive and cancel it now.

• Funny

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Any weather experts out there want to tell us that last week won't happen again this week with the weather?

Now everything is pointing to nothing until after 4 pm or so.... but we all know how that goes.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I assume the TCU game will be cancelled

We are only permanently cancelling home games. Next year we are just going to play all games away. Make sure to still show up to all games because you will be shamed when the stadium isn't overflowing. 1 empty seat is a death sentence.

• Agree
Reactions: ZB4CY