NFL: ***Official Week Three Thread***

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Keenum has won more playoff games than Cousins has. Just sayin.

I didn't say one was better than the other. But Keenum washed out of Denver after one season. He's currently keeping the seat warm for Colt McCoy or Dwayne Haskins in DC. He's a career backup, and they caught lightning in a bottle with him for one year. He wasn't going to replicate it and they were right to move on. Now, who they moved on to and whether he was the right guy is an entirely different discussion.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Deck chairs on the Titanic. I still think the Dolphins will win a game or two despite their tanking efforts but it won't be this weekend.
They get the Jets twice, the Bengals at home and New England the last game of the year when they're likely benching everyone. The Redskins at home in a couple weeks. They'll sneak one or two of those out.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...own-harasses-latest-accuser-via-text-message/

Your weekly dose of bizarre Antonio Brown news. He allegedly sent harassing messages in a group chat (which included his own damn lawyer) to one of his accusers. It's getting more and more difficult for the NFL and the Patriots to allow him to continue playing right now. The guy is a non-stop **** show.

Hard to believe Belichick is still all in on this guy. Of course, his boss isn't exactly squeaky clean, either....but this might not look real good on Bill's resume later on.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Hard to believe Belichick is still all in on this guy. Of course, his boss isn't exactly squeaky clean, either....but this might not look real good on Bill's resume later on.

I think the Pats are going to stick with the super flimsy excuse of "focusing on football". Which is fine; they are what they are and we shouldn't expect them to do the right thing until they absolutely have to.

But I can't see how Goodell and the league office don't look at this and realize he has to at least go on the reserve/commissioner exempt list immediately.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I think the Pats are going to stick with the super flimsy excuse of "focusing on football". Which is fine; they are what they are and we shouldn't expect them to do the right thing until they absolutely have to.

But I can't see how Goodell and the league office don't look at this and realize he has to at least go on the reserve/commissioner exempt list immediately.

I guess I should know better, Goodell's a head-in-the-sand guy anyway. Things are always beautiful in his world.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

Good. If they kept saying they wouldn't have signed him if they had known about all this stuff beforehand then why was he still on the roster after they found out?

I would say no team will touch him now at least until all his off-field stuff is resolved, but this is the NFL and there's no shortage of opportunities for irredeemable shitheads who can still play.

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
tenor.gif

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

You know, with everything that's cropped up the last few months it makes you wonder just how much the Steelers were able to sweep under the rug during AB's tenure there. At any rate, while Big Ben and AB might not be the most prolific QB/WR tandem in league history they're almost certainly the nastiest.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Good. If they kept saying they wouldn't have signed him if they had known about all this stuff beforehand then why was he still on the roster after they found out?

I would say no team will touch him now at least until all his off-field stuff is resolved, but this is the NFL and there's no shortage of opportunities for irredeemable shitheads who can still play.
If the Browns will take someone like Kareem Hunt they’ll take someone like AB.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron