Assuming Tomorrow’s Game is Cancelled

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Just in

Iowa State University Press Release:

Athletic Director Jamie "UoI's Daddy" Pollard has announced that due to the threat of rain from creditable weather forecasters and concerns expressed on the Cyclone Fanatic message board that Saturday's game against Weezyanna Monroe has been postponed. AD Pollard and various top weather forecasters are currently in meetings to see when the rain will stop so the game can be played. Preliminary models indicate Monday September 23 at 1 PM it is forecasted to be 71 degrees, sunny with 0% chance of precipitation (otherwise known as Cyclone Weather). Stay tuned for further updates.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
1. And tell me how many delays in the history of Iowa state football. I’ll tell you—-4. 2 last week, 1 last year that ended up cancelled, and I think 1 before the Kansas game started 2 years ago. That’s a bad, bad trend.

Don't forget the Colorado game. November tornado.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Just in

Athletic Director Jamie "UoI's Daddy" Pollard has announced that due to the threat of rain from creditable weather forecasters and concerns expressed on the Cyclone Fanatic message board that Saturday's game against Weezyanna Monroe has been postponed. AD Pollard and various top weather forecasters are currently in meetings to see when the rain will stop so the game can be played. Preliminary models indicate Monday September 23 at 1 PM it is forecasted to be 71 degrees, sunny with 0% chance of precipitation (otherwise known as Cyclone Weather). Stay tuned for further updates.

“Jamie Pollard Announces New Plan to Control the Weather” wouldn’t surprise me at this point.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
First day on CF?

I just lived in Iowa for like 35 years. So I’m not surprised when things you want to do outside get cancelled by weather. Apparently CF posters just think the only event to ever be cancelled or postponed due to weather are ISU football games.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Just in

Horribly unfunny

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Just move the game up to 9 AM and everyone can do some post-game apocalyptic rain tailgating.

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
Maybe we could have buses standing by. When lightning hits, move the teams to a field 8 miles away, and continue the game. Someone can Periscope the game from their phone and we can watch on TV and the field monitors.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Tuff as Rain.

I like it.

-Roger Sprague

Hoist the glendower banner!

rap4SXF.jpg

Latest posts

Help Support Us