The Best Team Lost...Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
If holding were called against them, Iowa may not have scored at all. But they were allowed to do whatever they wanted.
If you were CyTwins and just said that I would laugh. You lack his finesse. There is a part of me that thinks maybe you believe what you are saying and my heart goes out to you because if that is true, this has been a very long week for you.

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
If you were CyTwins and just said that I would laugh. You lack his finesse. There is a part of me that thinks maybe you believe what you are saying and my heart goes out to you because if that is true, this has been a very long week for you.
I just say what I mean. I don't need to have any finesse. I know in my heart what I saw.

• Funny
Reactions: breck53

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
I agree. With Phil Parker coaching him I really like his potential.
eb6.jpg

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
I just say what I mean. I don't need to have any finesse. I know in my heart what I saw.
So you're just saying you're a conspiracy theorist? OK then. The Clones won the game in your heart. That's all that really matters.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
No, we lost but due to bad luck and even worse officiating.
bad luck, bad officiating, bad timing(weather delay), bad punting, bad punt returns, bad kick returns, bad penalties, bad 3rd down defense, bad offensive execution at key moments ......... but you had home field advantage, a tremendous crowd, an opponent missing a pre-season All American Tackle and 4 of it's top 6 defensive backs. You lost. Stop whining about officiating.

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: breck53 and adjl

TheGovernator

Nov 5, 2008
Moss is awful. Hankins was getting picked on game one and I don't know who Brents is. Sounds like a recruiting issue

You asked a question, and I answered it. I didn't speak to Moss's ability, I just put him at #4 because he has a year of live action under his belt whereas Johnson redshirted last year and saw his first significant live action playing out of position.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I haven't watched Baylor at all this year, do most of you guys think they'll be tougher than TCU? The Frogs looked pretty good against PU, but I'm in a wait and see pattern with Duggan.

You're probably right on Wisc, but the optimist in me says Iowa is due. They had a great shot last year and came up short, hope it goes our way this year. They've looked good against a couple cupcakes so far, tomorrows game will be a much better indicator of where they're at.

I haven't seen Baylor either and won't since they're on CBSSN tomorrow but I know they've put up points and should be improved from last year.

TCU looked pretty crisp last week.

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
I wouldn't worry as much about Iowa's secondary recruiting as much as your inability to win the game when Iowa was without 4 of their top 6 DBs.
You are lucky the field was wet or our receivers would’ve have really embarrassed that trashy defensive backfield.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
You are lucky the field was wet or our receivers would’ve have really embarrassed that trashy defensive backfield.

ISU plays UL-Monroe today.

ISU didn't play well last week and Iowa made the plays. Get over it.

• Winner
Reactions: clonedude

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I had an Iowa fan at work this week ask me what I thought about the game.... you know with a half smirk on his face, expecting me to praise Iowa, etc.

I said that I felt a LOT better about ISU this season after the Iowa game than I did after the UNI game. I said ISU played much better against Iowa than they did against UNI. I mentioned that UNI's DL got pressure most of the day on Purdy, but Iowa never even touched him. I said we moved the ball up and down the field on Iowa, but just couldn't capitalize. I thought we looked like the better team with a much higher ceiling than Iowa if we could just eliminate the stupid mistakes.

He didn't have much of a response to that, and didn't seem too happy about it. I figured he'd counter my narrative, but I think he pretty much felt the same way with his silence.

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
ISU plays UL-Monroe today.

ISU didn't play well last week and Iowa made the plays. Get over it.
I’m ready for a great Cyclone victory. I just live and work next to these arrogant hok fans, and there is no reason for them to be so cocky. We were clearly better. That’s all I’m saying.

• Funny
Reactions: breck53
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron