Gary Barta everybody

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
FWIW - a member of the Iowa marching band made a social media post ripping Barta and the athletics department for stopping the investigation. Claims (1) that beer cans were shaken, opened, and rolled at their feet as the band was marching; (2) someone was slapped; and (3) multiple band members were shoved, one of them leading to broken ribs.

Lol how jealous are you we have Pollard and you're stuck with Barta?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
FWIW - a member of the Iowa marching band made a social media post ripping Barta and the athletics department for stopping the investigation. Claims (1) that beer cans were shaken, opened, and rolled at their feet as the band was marching; (2) someone was slapped; and (3) multiple band members were shoved, one of them leading to broken ribs.
Social media with Iowa band members, always trustworthy:
Someone in the reddit thread said they have a friend in the Iowa band and that multiple fans directed racial slurs at a black trumpet player. Yikes if that’s true.

Reactions: CyTwins

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

1- having seen enough full beer cans thrown at the ISU band, i'm going to call this minor. I'll take cans rolled in and spraying beer any day over people getting hit with full beer cans.

3- yet this person doesnt say they actually witnessed it. Its all third hand. And i'm extremely skeptical of someone breaking ribs just from being shoved. Theyre 18-22, not 80-82.

Last edited:

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Begging the truth over events known to happen in Kinnick. Good grief the entire Hawk community is pathetic. Iowa is the 5’7” “hold me back” bro.

Well, I’m pissed JP decided not to make a public statement about investigating the criminal acts that no one can prove didn’t occur in Kinnick last year.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
You’re comparing a post directly from an Iowa band member to a post from an alleged friend of a band member. Surely you can see the difference. Regardless, that is why I tagged my post with “FWIW.”
giphy.gif

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
I'm thinking the odds of the National Guard being called out to protect the bands for future CyHawk games is about 50/50. Semi-joking....

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
And once again - the four LEOs that were with the band the entire day saw nothing, and were told nothing? Someone shoves me hard enough to break my ribs, I'm damn sure gonna call the cops standing right near the band.

HOU_Blue

Aug 16, 2019
And once again - the four LEOs that were with the band the entire day saw nothing, and were told nothing? Someone shoves me hard enough to break my ribs, I'm damn sure gonna call the cops standing right near the band.

You don’t know how you would have reacted, especially when you were an 18-22 year old kid. I’m not sure what the appropriate response is, but I’m 100% certain that victim blaming is not it.