Essential oils

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Your gf is essentially going to blow a ton of money on them and your house will smell like **** from now until the end of time.

• Winner
Reactions: cmjh10

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
no dont do this.
smoking cannabis is not recommended in any way.
the way your body reacts to that method of ingestion is not recommended.
if you must ingest cannabis you should eat it and the thc should be as low as absolutely possible and the extract should be whole flower extract to achieve your desired result
**** that. Blaze gas all day errday.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
A quick story - my former neighbor and I are good friends. His wife was not a fan of me because I'm a bad influence, but she was typically cordial (she would yell at her husband instead of me).

I'm back for a visit as I now live 1,000 miles away and I'm telling him the story about the cousin's crazy ex and her escapades with essential oils. I'm going on about how it's a bunch of BS and she damn near killed her kid, she's crazy and dangerous, some other non-essential oils related incidents, blah blah blah. His wife is listening quietly and eventually leaves the room. Neighbor buddy cuts me off after she leaves and puts his finger up to his mouth to shush me. He's stifling laughter.

He holds up the book his wife has written. I can't remember the exact title, but it was something alone the lines of "Better Living For Your Child Through Essential Oils". It was a kids book with pictures and different scents extolling the virtues of essential oils.

I've been told she likes me even less now.

KcCyclone77

Sep 21, 2017
It's scientifically proven that you will sound like an idiot if you tell someone you rubbed peppermint oil on your ears to cure your flu.

Otherwise it's a waste of money, unless you like the smell or something while you sleep, then I would recommend just buying some off amazon for a fraction of whatever you might be duped into buying.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
A quick story - my former neighbor and I are good friends. His wife was not a fan of me because I'm a bad influence, but she was typically cordial (she would yell at her husband instead of me).

I'm back for a visit as I now live 1,000 miles away and I'm telling him the story about the cousin's crazy ex and her escapades with essential oils. I'm going on about how it's a bunch of BS and she damn near killed her kid, she's crazy and dangerous, some other non-essential oils related incidents, blah blah blah. His wife is listening quietly and eventually leaves the room. Neighbor buddy cuts me off after she leaves and puts his finger up to his mouth to shush me. He's stifling laughter.

He holds up the book his wife has written. I can't remember the exact title, but it was something alone the lines of "Better Living For Your Child Through Essential Oils". It was a kids book with pictures and different scents extolling the virtues of essential oils.

I've been told she likes me even less now.

The crazier your enemies, the better you are doing at life.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
The crazier your enemies, the better you are doing at life.
The list of enemies is long, I'm starting to think it might be me.

Neighbor's wife had some rather strict views on what a husband should do; neighbor and I shared a common interest in beer and sports. He's the most laid back person I've ever met. His wife also went to bed very early, usually at 8:30pm. Neighbor and I are both night owls. She would go to bed, he would leave out the basement door and hop the fence to my house, drink beer and watch football/ basketball/whatever might be on. Gambling was usually involved.

This went on for 3-4 years before a hormonally charged pregnant neighbor ratted us out. The day before he was leaving for a week long trip to Mexico with his wife and another couple. He said that was a pretty rough trip.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I mean, if you're using them to scent your cleaning products or bath I guess it's fine but from a medical perspective there's no real evidence to say they do anything good.

Yeah, it didn't even occur to me in the OP that some people actually use these as treatment for colds or illness or whatever. That's delusional.

I just like them for the smell. A few drops in a diffuser at work produces a lot better smell than the fast food stink from whatever my coworkers have delivered for lunch.