Windy City Hype about David Montgomery

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Montgomery has potential to be an all timer, but I know that from having watched him play extensively here. Most NFL writers wouldn't have that perspective.

I think the hype has a little to do with the Bears not having any higher picks this year and their offense being otherwise pretty anemic so far. Not much else to hype on that side of the ball. And Monty has shown flashes, but hasn't really had a good game by his own standards yet.

As far as rookie of the year, he could be right there in the end. But it seems like there is also already some hype forming around Gardner Minschew in JAX who like David has a personality and playing style that draws eyeballs. After the Thursday night game they were pumping him up hard on NFL network which I found interesting.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I hate the Bears. However, Montgomery landed in the best spot ever for him. Horrible QB, Team that likes to run, Team that just traded the best running back they had to another team. When the Bears drafted him I was really happy because if he is going to shine. This was the perfect team for him to do it and it looks like he is doing just that.

Reactions: Die4Cy

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
I'm not a Bears fan, but I am a DM fan, and hope he does well. Seems so far that he is turning some heads -- kudos for him and his work ethic. As a side note, IMO they should've run him around the end instead of three times up the middle for his TD. I don't know that I ever saw him lose yardage on an end around.

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Montgomery has potential to be an all timer, but I know that from having watched him play extensively here. Most NFL writers wouldn't have that perspective.

I think the hype has a little to do with the Bears not having any higher picks this year and their offense being otherwise pretty anemic so far. Not much else to hype on that side of the ball. And Monty has shown flashes, but hasn't really had a good game by his own standards yet.

As far as rookie of the year, he could be right there in the end. But it seems like there is also already some hype forming around Gardner Minschew in JAX who like David has a personality and playing style that draws eyeballs. After the Thursday night game they were pumping him up hard on NFL network which I found interesting.

Not sure if I'd lay money on our boy being rookie of the year.

1. Trubisky is finally being talked about as just a game manager. One of the worst in the league at throwing catchable passes. Never liked the guy. Probably never will.
2. Since Trubisky is garbage the Bears will try to run. Teams will adjust
3. The Bears are splitting the running workload

Monty could have a great season and just not have the numbers to be ROY

I have cut the ties to all of the Chicago teams.....wish I could cut the ties to the Bears but that seems to be in my DNA