Gary Barta everybody

RedDog

Jan 28, 2014
In another thread we have hawk fans believing the broken ribs happened because of an assault (citing social media). **** like Barta pulled will get someone hurt in Iowa City.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Has it been reported to law enforcement? If not, then why not?

Edit: Here is dumbass Bartas conclusion:

“After collecting information Monday and Tuesday, we realized it would be difficult to verify details and elected to focus on moving forward toward future events,” Barta said

Given his biases and agenda, it is clear that if there was anywhere close to enough evidence to support criminal charges he would be telling us about it. Granted, the U of I should never be considered credible where criminal investigations are comcerned, as shown in investigations of Pierre Pierce, Satterfield, etc.

Last edited:

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
For an assault that all law enforcement dont have a report about?
Most college kids are on their parents insurance. What parent is going to pay for that if cameras can show it?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

What is even more an revealing to complete ineptitude of Barta is that all of this crap to try and sling mud at ISU came after Iowa WON the damn ball game! If anyone should be upset about this non story becoming a story (and then another story and another story) is Kirk. So much attention taking away from a huge win by Barta’s own freaking athletic department. What a boob.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I followed the band when they crossed the road north of JTS to then to them entering the south side of JTS. None of that happened there.

JDDDCy

Dec 20, 2017
I have trouble keeping track of all the Hawkeye trolls on CF but for some reason I thought Hawkmi was one of the decent posters. I guess I was wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Has it been reported to law enforcement? If not, then why not?

Edit: Here is dumbass Bartas conclusion:

“After collecting information Monday and Tuesday, we realized it would be difficult to verify details and elected to focus on moving forward toward future events,” Barta said

Given his biases and agenda, it is clear that if there was anywhere close to enough evidence to support criminal charges he would be telling us about it. Granted, the U of I should never be considered ceedible where criminal investigations are comcerned, as shown in investigations of Pierre Pierce, Satterfield, etc.
It was nothing more than a little bro, juvenile attempt to smear from a University and AD that is covered in mud. Effectively an AD of a P5 tattling via an accusatory but ambiguous press release.

Once Nebraska is back to being the biggest midget of the Big 10 West, end the CyHawk and get Nebraska on the schedule.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
A halfway decent lawyer could probably get a few million out of Barta for this, right? I mean, how do you put a dollar figure on all that negative PR nationwide against ISU?

I'd love it if Barta had to fork out a few more million in lawsuits for something else.

Afraid not. What Barta did was gross professional incompetence perhaps tinged with a bit of malice, but it isn't libel.

Besides, while I have no idea how this would play out in practice, I'm guessing the Board of Regents isn't going to let one of its university sue another, especially for something this minor. If something rose to that level - and this does not - I assume they'd try to force both parties into some kind of mediation out of the public eye.

Even Barta's own fan base and lapdog media thinks he was out of line. Think of how badly you've got to screw something up to alienate that group of syncopants.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Pretty tough to backpedal out of this one. Either he (A) flung some baseless **** against the wall or he (B) thinks something happened but thinks it will be just too hard to do anything about it. Either way he ****** up royally again and proves yet again that he has **** for brains.

Seriously, how can anyone other than Fran and others that directly benefit from this ass-clown's incompetence not think he is a moron.

What's great is the dumbasses that think he's doing a great job because the athletic department has lots of money because people around the country like to watch Michigan and Ohio State play football.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013

So shouldn't that person and all that saw it happen be after Barta with torches and pitchforks? He's saying in the last press release that something happened but HE thinks it's best to just move on because it will be hard to figure out who did it. Yet you've got tons of people around that should be witnesses and cameras everywhere. In other words, Barta is full of **** like usual. It wouldn't be that hard to figure out what happened and who did it. To simply dismiss it means nothing actually happened or Barta is telling victims that his concern over more bad PR is more important than they are. It's one or the other.

HOU_Blue

Aug 16, 2019
FWIW - a member of the Iowa marching band made a social media post ripping Barta and the athletics department for stopping the investigation. Claims (1) that beer cans were shaken, opened, and rolled at their feet as the band was marching; (2) someone was slapped; and (3) multiple band members were shoved, one of them leading to broken ribs.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron