Oliver Martin Derangement Syndrome

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
I don't think Borck ran the ball in over time against UNI so you can toss that out the window, and you're making a case that Stanley, with playing one more game, and has 17 more yards and a QB sneak at the 1, is better than Brock Purdy at rushing so far. While I'm saying a guy that has 85 more yards and two more TD's playing in one less game is better than a player that didn't step foot on the field last game.
We are comparing 2 very different QBs in 2 fairly different systems. Their combined rushing/passing TD totals may well turn out to be fairly close. I would guess that Stanley will throw for more but Purdy will run for more. It would definitely be a mistake for the coaches to try and take Purdy's legs away from him in my opinion. I don't think he would or should throw as many TDs as Stanley from the pocket.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
We are comparing 2 very different QBs in 2 fairly different systems. Their combined rushing/passing TD totals may well turn out to be fairly close. I would guess that Stanley will throw for more but Purdy will run for more. It would definitely be a mistake for the coaches to try and take Purdy's legs away from him in my opinion. I don't think he would or should throw as many TDs as Stanley from the pocket.
I think Purdy has done well from throwing inside the pocket but needs to and will be used more outside of the pocket as the year goes on. He played a great defense last week and looked very good.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Which is why I put the key phrases like "better average", "more TDs", and "twice as many yards" (almost 2x while only playing 1.5x more - we could argue about OT stats and Iowa backup playing time as well, but not worth it). Again, I brought those up because I don't think many people would argue that Stanley is a better rusher, but the stats this season say he is.
I'm going to say this the nicest way possible: you're such a ****ing idiot. JFC...

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
You don't think that adding a former and projected Michigan starter, former 4* talent, who was coveted by tOSU and Notre Dame is a big get for Iowa's WR depth? I do. It's weird you didn't quote my other comment about him.....

IT
WAS
A
JOKE

You really think any Iowa fan is throwing all their 2019 season eggs into the Martin basket? They're pretty excited they're getting a former 4* Top 200 player that was able to get early playing time on a good Michigan team that had multiple 4-5* WRs.

I know you've had a rough couple of weeks, but using obvious sarcastic posts out of context is pretty low, even for you.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron