The Best Team Lost...Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I'm tired of it happening, but TOE has to be the luckiest group I've ever seen. I went back and watched some of it again (as painful as it was) and it just jumps off the screen how much better we are than them. Yet somehow, we would have some bogus penalty, or some other crazy play to kill our momentum. I feel like we would beat them 9 out of 10 times, but it's their Superbowl, so they can have it and be mediocre all year. Let's get to the Big 12 title game.
Not sure if hack troll or just a sad person who can't let the game go. Your post history is pretty much entirely about Iowa.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
"Come inside for dinner, you've been out here for 5 days"

(Staring blankly across the horizon as he manically rocks back and forth in his chair) "We shoulda won, Alice. We were the better team."

Walden4Prez

Jul 8, 2014
Fair point but that's the only aspect where we were outplayed. We should've won by 2 touchdowns still. Some blown calls, and blown opportunities, bad snaps, weird circumstances just stopped our momentum. It was so easy to move the ball, and if they ever called holding on Iowa, I'm not sure they would've had more than 5 first downs all night.
The holding thing is 150% valid. I can't count how many blatant holding calls directly in front of the officials were not called. Maybe the biggest one of the game on the big 3rd and 22 play.

• Disagree
  • Winner
Reactions: breck53 and adjl

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
I've had Iowa fans tell me the delays benefited us, but I think the long one killed our momentum and gave them a chance to regroup. Plus I heard they got 60 sandwiches. I'm sure that was enough to satisfy Stanley but I'm not sure what everyone else ate.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I've had Iowa fans tell me the delays benefited us, but I think the long one killed our momentum and gave them a chance to regroup. Plus I heard they got 60 sandwiches. I'm sure that was enough to satisfy Stanley but I'm not sure what everyone else ate.

A+

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I think this should be the go to thread for this football season on the in-state rivals forum.

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
We have improved drastically under Campbell and are 90% of the way there. Just need to clean up a few things and we are a legit Top 20 team. If we don't we look like a 6-6 team.
and being a 6-6 team would still be a huge improvement from where we've been before. so yes lets keep fixing the little things that need attention and see how far we can actually go.

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
Game is over, lets move on with the season predictions. I think both teams have pretty solid seasons.

ISU:
UNI - W
Iowa - L

--------------------
LA-M - W
Baylor - W
TCU - L*
WV - W
TT - W
OSU - W
OU - L
Texas - L
KU - W
KSU - W*

KSU and TCU W/L are interchangeable. End up 8-4 (6-3) regular season or 7-5 (5-4) with an unexpected WV/BU/OSU loss.

Iowa:
Miami - W
Rutgers - W
ISU - W
---------------------

MTS - W
Michigan - L
PSU - L*
Purdue - W
NW - W*
Wisc - W
Minn - W
Illinios - W
Neb - L

PSU and NW W/L are interchangeable. End up 9-3 (6-3) regular season or 8-4 (5-4)with an unexpected Purdue/Minn loss.

• Informative
Reactions: genesis36

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
Game is over, lets move on with the season predictions. I think both teams have pretty solid seasons.

ISU:
UNI - W
Iowa - L

--------------------
LA-M - W
Baylor - W
TCU - L*
WV - W
TT - W
OSU - W
OU - L
Texas - L
KU - W
KSU - W*

KSU and TCU W/L are interchangeable. End up 8-4 (6-3) regular season or 7-5 (5-4) with an unexpected WV/BU/OSU loss.

Iowa:
Miami - W
Rutgers - W
ISU - W
---------------------

MTS - W
Michigan - L
PSU - L*
Purdue - W
NW - W*
Wisc - W
Minn - W
Illinios - W
Neb - L

PSU and NW W/L are interchangeable. End up 9-3 (6-3) regular season or 8-4 (5-4)with an unexpected Purdue/Minn loss.
We beat Texas at home and Iowa gets crushed at Wisconsin

• Funny
Reactions: breck53

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

ISU:
UNI - W
Iowa - L

--------------------
LA-M - W
Baylor - W
TCU - L*
WV - W
TT - W
OSU - W
OU - L
Texas - L
KU - W
KSU - W*

Iowa:
Miami - W
Rutgers - W
ISU - W
---------------------

MTS - W
Michigan - L
PSU - L*
Purdue - W
NW - W*
Wisc - W
Minn - W
Illinios - W
Neb - L

Lose to Nebraska?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

ISU:
UNI - W
Iowa - L

--------------------
LA-M - W
Baylor - W
TCU - L*
WV - W
TT - W
OSU - W
OU - L
Texas - L
KU - W
KSU - W*

Iowa:
Miami - W
Rutgers - W
ISU - W
---------------------

MTS - W
Michigan - L
PSU - L*
Purdue - W
NW - W*
Wisc - W
Minn - W
Illinios - W
Neb - L

Michigan, PSU, Nebby... you're missing the unexpected WTF 'L' that happens to us every season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron