Big Brother 21

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Jackson is going to have a pretty good speech tonight is my guess with what Cliff tried last night. Just a FYI

• Agree
Reactions: STATE12

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I was reading that Cliff wouldn’t even be able to speak to the jury for that long. They bring him in during the jury round table for the first time, they have their meeting, and then they get sequestered until the finale.

I actually think if it’s Jackson/Holly, Nicole May vote Jackson as she respects gameplay.

Which is stupid. The jury should live in the jury house together right up until the final.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Jackson is going to have a pretty good speech tonight is my guess with what Cliff tried last night. Just a FYI

Sounds like all cliff did was vaguely threaten jury votes without Nicole with him.

All Cliff needs to do is sit down WITH NICOLE and with Jackson and do the hard sell BUT add in one by one why each person:

Jess: won't vote for a male to win it.
Tommy: Jackson destroyed him recently
Christie: linked to Tommy in real life
Nicole/Cliff: Threaten to for Holly if he doesn't take Cliff

That's 5-4. Jackson is ALL about ego and winning. He would consider this.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Sounds like all cliff did was vaguely threaten jury votes without Nicole with him.

All Cliff needs to do is sit down WITH NICOLE and with Jackson and do the hard sell BUT add in one by one why each person:

Jess: won't vote for a male to win it.
Tommy: Jackson destroyed him recently
Christie: linked to Tommy in real life
Nicole/Cliff: Threaten to for Holly if he doesn't take Cliff

That's 5-4. Jackson is ALL about ego and winning. He would consider this.

Jackson has said he is fine with Holly winning it if he is in the final 2. So if they don't vote for Jackson they have to vote for Holly (assuming they make final 2).

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Threatening jury votes is the ultimate ***** move period.

Disagree in some cases. Cliff has absolutely no other play here. There is a way to go about it that is cerebral. Cliff only went half way. He needed to go through each person and explain why they wouldn't vote for Jackson.

Cliff also needed to do it sooner. It would cause some resentment in Jackson with Holly and that would only fester over time....oh well. Just have to hope Nicole wins the final 3 just to make it interesting.

My heart wants Nicole
My head wants Jackson

Nobody wants Holly.

• Winner
Reactions: State43

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Disagree in some cases. Cliff has absolutely no other play here. There is a way to go about it that is cerebral. Cliff only went half way. He needed to go through each person and explain why they wouldn't vote for Jackson.

Cliff also needed to do it sooner. It would cause some resentment in Jackson with Holly and that would only fester over time....oh well. Just have to hope Nicole wins the final 3 just to make it interesting.

My heart wants Nicole
My head wants Jackson

Nobody wants Holly.

Ill take Holly over at my house around 10 tonight if she wants to come over. Not to win the game though. I think everyone who is watching thinking Jackson deserves this game. From day one when he was the scout leader or whatever they called that and he put 4 people up. He has just won every time when needed and basically did what he wanted and needed to to get in. Nicole didn't do much to be honest. Even when she wanted to vote out Holly she caved to Cliff.

• Disagree
Reactions: isufbcurt and mj4cy

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Ill take Holly over at my house around 10 tonight if she wants to come over. Not to win the game though. I think everyone who is watching thinking Jackson deserves this game. From day one when he was the scout leader or whatever they called that and he put 4 people up. He has just won every time when needed and basically did what he wanted and needed to to get in. Nicole didn't do much to be honest. Even when she wanted to vote out Holly she caved to Cliff.

The show sure made Nicole look like the only thing we need to know about her is she's afraid of birds. She's done much more on feeds. She has definitely made some mistakes letting her heart get in the way of what game moves she should be doing, but she did survive an early block, also the gr8ful in the HOH ganging up on her, and then outlasting the six shooters. She's won some key comps that has helped her game just as Jackson has.

I think there are multiple kinds of "game winners". To me, the ultimate player in Big Brother is one that does not have to win comps to get to the end. This is an extremely hard thing to do (think BB2 with Will or BB16 with Derek), but its a masterful way to do it. Jackson is doing what he has to do and I respect him for it. His jury management has been absolute crap and unfortunately will probably give Holly the win.

Even though it's not the greatest season, it'll be sad when BB21 is over. I'll be excited for survivor and BBCanada8 though.

Last edited:

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
This season was terrible until Michie and Jack turned on each other and it quickly became watchable.

Hard to tell who will win but I don’t foresee Tommy, Nicole, or Cliff voting based on bitterness.

The rest will simply vote for who their friend was

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
The show sure made Nicole look like the only thing we need to know about her is she's afraid of birds. She's done much more on feeds. She has definitely made some mistakes letting her heart get in the way of what game moves she should be doing, but she did survive an early block, also the gr8ful in the HOH ganging up on her, and then outlasting the six shooters. She's won some key comps that has helped her game just as Jackson has.

I think there are multiple kinds of "game winners". To me, the ultimate player in Big Brother is one that does not have to win comps to get to the end. This is an extremely hard thing to do (think BB2 with Will or BB16 with Derek), but its a masterful way to do it. Jackson is doing what he has to do and I respect him for it. His jury management has been absolute crap and unfortunately will probably give Holly the win.

Even though it's not the greatest season, it'll be sad when BB21 is over. I'll be excited for survivor and BBCanada8 though.

Where do you watch BB Canada?

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
This season was terrible until Michie and Jack turned on each other and it quickly became watchable.

Hard to tell who will win but I don’t foresee Tommy, Nicole, or Cliff voting based on bitterness.

The rest will simply vote for who their friend was

Yeah I predict the voting will be a popularity contest (similar to the alliances at the beginning of the game).

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I just read somewhere that Cliff was talking to Jackson and said that he burned up his 401k to come to Big Brother. That sounds pretty intelligent.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I just read somewhere that Cliff was talking to Jackson and said that he burned up his 401k to come to Big Brother. That sounds pretty intelligent.

How do you burn up a 401? Just using it for every day expenses or what?

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Jacksons speech was not that good. He is not good at jury management. His speech should have been apologizing to Cliff and Nicole. Mentioning Cliffs wife and family and saying they should be proud of him. That type of thing. Not telling Cliff again why he was voting him out. He should have tried to drum up some tears if at all possible.

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015

I also saw this somewhere also. Sounds like that was part of what added to Michie's annoyance with Cliff's pitch in addition to the jury comments - Cliff sharing his financial situation to try to sway Michie so his family could afford to come to the finale.

Was a fan of Cliff's almost all game. Disappointed to see him handle the final week the way he did. The whole clarification that Michie was supposed to bring him to final two, but that Cliff wouldn't bring him to final two since he already had a deal with Nicole? Not sure how he thought that would actually fly or be honored by anybody...

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I also saw this somewhere also. Sounds like that was part of what added to Michie's annoyance with Cliff's pitch in addition to the jury comments - Cliff sharing his financial situation to try to sway Michie so his family could afford to come to the finale.

Was a fan of Cliff's almost all game. Disappointed to see him handle the final week the way he did. The whole clarification that Michie was supposed to bring him to final two, but that Cliff wouldn't bring him to final two since he already had a deal with Nicole? Not sure how he thought that would actually fly or be honored by anybody...
It always makes laugh when people try to back out of their agreement and then when the other person has to fight to keep the agreement in tact, they respond with WTF? I hope Jackson explains in the finale that he overhead them discussing backing out of the final 4 and used that info to spin the argument as a last ditch effort to keep Holly. Hate Jackson all you want, but he saved Holly in this game single handedly as Nicole would have otherwise talked Cliff into voting her out.