Oliver Martin Derangement Syndrome

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
Oliver Martin is just another of those over-hyped Hok players like Epenesa. Their numbers will improve, however, once they start playing against that garbage dump called the B1G West.

It's crazy to me that ISU is better at WR, QB, DL, DB's...and so on...and Iowa still found a way to get the refs to help them win. I think it's time to get the check book out to some of these refs.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
It's crazy to me that ISU is better at WR, QB, DL, DB's...and so on...and Iowa still found a way to get the refs to help them win. I think it's time to get the check book out to some of these refs.

It was pretty obvious who was the more talented team Saturday. I know you're not an ISU fan but I think most reasonable Iowa fans would even admit that

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
It was pretty obvious who was the more talented team Saturday. I know you're not an ISU fan but I think most reasonable Iowa fans would even admit that

Oh I'm in complete agreement. I'd much rather have the team with the stats and the eye test than the W/L. It proves a lot more.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Nobody believes you when you pretend to be a Cyclone fan.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Martin has one fall camp and missed a week of it with an injury....not a surprise he hasn't gotten alot of PT. If I was a betting man I'd say he gets worked in more against MTSU.

• Funny

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Martin has one fall camp and missed a week of it with an injury....not a surprise he hasn't gotten alot of PT. If I was a betting man I'd say he gets worked in more against MTSU.

Iowa's got a true freshman getting carries. This is Martin's third year and he can't see the field. Time to call a spade a spade. There's a reason he transferred and a reason nobody wanted him when he did

• Funny
Reactions: HOU_Blue

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Let's see how the season plays out
Right now, Oliver Martin is just an okay receiver. That's not saying he's not going to get better, but he hasn't played a ton because he's just not better than the other WR's on Iowa's roster. Against Iowa State, there wasn't one WR that I was incredibly impressed with, but I think that's more of a testament to Iowa State's defense than the receiving core at Iowa.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Right now, Oliver Martin is just an okay receiver. That's not saying he's not going to get better, but he hasn't played a ton because he's just not better than the other WR's on Iowa's roster. Against Iowa State, there wasn't one WR that I was incredibly impressed with, but I think that's more of a testament to Iowa State's defense than the receiving core at Iowa.
That's fair....I'm pretty happy with the WR group overall.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Milton, Jones and Pettway are all better than any WR Iowa has. It's crazy

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
That's fair....I'm pretty happy with the WR group overall.
I think they're a little better than they were last year but I really think they're just getting targeted more. Last year, Iowa's TE's were the focus and the WR's took second fiddle. The WR group is going to get more opportunities to showcase their abilities this year and so far have done pretty well.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Milton, Jones and Pettway are all better than any WR Iowa has. It's crazy
I wouldn't trade any of those WR's you just listed for any of their WR's. I know it's only been 2 games for Iowa State and 3 for Iowa, but remember when their were some fans arguing who was better between Pettway and Martin? There's a lot of season left but so far it's not even an argument.

• Agree

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I wouldn't trade any of those WR's you just listed for any of their WR's. I know it's only been 2 games for Iowa State and 3 for Iowa, but remember when their were some fans arguing who was better between Pettway and Martin? There's a lot of season left but so far it's not even an argument.

There's a reason Pettway chose us over Auburn and Oklahoma State and Martin chose Iowa over UNI

• Funny
Reactions: HOU_Blue and GTO

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron