Waukee
giphy.gif

Good luck in Madison, Mr. Carlson!

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Never thought Carlson would come to ISU. I always thought he would go to Stanford though.

Why can't we recruit the state of Minnesota????

To be fair, Minnesota, Nebraska, Illinois and EIU don't have much success in recruiting Minnesota. Wisconsin and Marquette (with true blue blood ie Duke) have been Twin City pipeline for a couple of decades.

I am sure both UW and Marq get annoyed with ISU's success with WI grown players.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I am not as big on Wisconsin with there current coach as I am the last coach. I thought the kid would end up at Stanford. Then again Stanford has not been good at basketball lately. Oh well hope we don't miss on Xavier Foster.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Never thought Carlson would come to ISU. I always thought he would go to Stanford though.

Why can't we recruit the state of Minnesota????

Minnesota residents have a superiority complex toward the state of Iowa. It's Big 10 territory. Wisconsin/Minnesota/Marquette are legitimate options.

Hoiberg would've had Coffey. Prohm could've had Wright.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Minnesota residents have a superiority complex toward the state of Iowa. It's Big 10 territory. Wisconsin/Minnesota/Marquette are legitimate options.

Hoiberg would've had Coffey. Prohm could've had Wright.

Did we maybe anger some people over the whole Wright thing up there...?

I wonder if the Wright experience has changed Prohm's instincts when it comes to guards. I think he is more willing to trust his instincts there and take somebody that he feels is good early, rather than waiting it out for a notionally higher-rated prospect.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
JFC back to the McKinley Wright ******** again. It’s so weird how CFers grab on to these marginal players that we don’t want and hang on to them like beanie babies.

upload_2019-9-18_14-46-21.png

Compared to, say, Nick Weiler-Babb...

upload_2019-9-18_14-46-57.png

If by "marginal player" you mean "solid starter," then we would agree.

It was not and is not the end of the world, but he would have been some nice guard depth and increasingly guard experience to have two years ago and for this upcoming season when we were lacking and might soon be lacking in that back-court department.

I would have certainly taken him over, for instance, Zoran Talley (the definition of a marginal player) or some of the bad graduate transfers that we had the past half-decade.

Help Support Us

Become a patron