The infamous holding call

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
So we double teamed him twice in the second half according to hawks in here. Sound like Julian took care of him.
There wasn't much pressure from either D-line quite frankly. I know concerning Iowa we like to run stunts with the D-line and didn'trunany after the second delay. Field conditions may have played a part in that....don't know if ISU usually does that or not.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
There wasn't much pressure from either D-line quite frankly. I know concerning Iowa we like to run stunts with the D-line and didn'trunany after the second delay. Field conditions may have played a part in that....don't know if ISU usually does that or not.

I think the rain delays helped to keep the score down in the game. I could have seen another touchdown or two for each without the delays. It gave both teams to get to see the others hand and make adjustments.

• Agree
Reactions: dexterhawk

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Besides the 1 hurry and 1 tackle, I expect Hawk fans will start tracking mean looks given by Epenesa any minute now. Or maybe how many times he drank Gatorade. Anything to boost his numbers.

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Besides the 1 hurry and 1 tackle, I expect Hawk fans will start tracking mean looks given by Epenesa any minute now. Or maybe how many times he drank Gatorade. Anything to boost his numbers.

If he sits out the Outback Bowl he's going to be addition by subtraction come December when he declares

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
If he sits out the Outback Bowl he's going to be addition by subtraction come December when he declares

Did you notice the pic of Good Jones blocking AJE was a hold on your cyfan front page story.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
If the weather delays did not happen....... If we did not have that holding call called on us........ You guys had 2 weeks to prepare for Iowa BTW.

Who said anything about the weather?

If you want to pretend a game changing phantom holding call didn't occur I guess you're entitled to your wrong opinion

• Funny
  • Agree
Reactions: breck53 and GTO

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017

If you want to pretend a game changing phantom holding call didn't occur I guess you're entitled to your wrong opinion

ISU would have won if they did not botch that punt return.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
ISU would have won if they did not botch that punt return.
Nope. That's a huge assumption. They'd have had to move the ball over 50 yards. Then, they'd have had to execute on special teams under pressure. All in under 1:30. Yikes! I'd say less than 50% chance of that all happening.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

Between doubling AJE and throwing short, quick routes almost entirely it was pretty clear they were focused on countering Iowa's DL pressure. Not a dumb gameplan.

• Agree
Reactions: dexterhawk

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Iowa State has only been called for holding twice all season and they were both very controversial... The call on Saturday was tough to swallow because they were letting things go all game plus the fact that it wasn't a fu***** hold!

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Nope. That's a huge assumption. They'd have had to move the ball over 50 yards. Then, they'd have had to execute on special teams under pressure. All in under 1:30. Yikes! I'd say less than 50% chance of that all happening.

Lol we get in field goal range for sure with that much time and Purdy. Who knows if we make it

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Between doubling AJE and throwing short, quick routes almost entirely it was pretty clear they were focused on countering Iowa's DL pressure. Not a dumb gameplan.

Good thing CMC practiced this game plan against UNI...

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
Lol we get in field goal range for sure with that much time and Purdy. Who knows if we make it
Lol...if it's "for sure" why didn't he just complete a pass on the 2nd chance at 4th and 13. I mean, that should have been for sure as well.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron