• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
You gotta be kidding. Buxton's the only 25 man roster guy likely to be missing from the post season roster. Twins have been fortunate most of the year to have avoided injuries. They have a few minor ones now but most of these guys are still day-to-day and come end of the month they will have everyone on their roster that they want other than Buxton. My thought line is always (1) be good (2) stay healthy, Twins have pretty much done that all summer. A few niggling injuries at the end of the season doesn't alter change #2.

Kinda focused on injuries and temp forgot about the self inflicted loss of Pineda which is, in my mind, a bit of a big deal since pretty much everyone other than the Astros want/need better starting pitching.

• Agree
Reactions: somecyguy

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Compare the Twins' situation with that of your Yanks - they have done a remarkable job despite an extreme number of IL injuries. Credit to their depth, and it's also refreshing to see Falvey and Levine continue to tinker with the roster even at this point in the season. LaMarre could prove a valuable pick-up.

The one Souhan column and the longer injury feature by Miller in the Star Trib today don't help. Both were sort of whiny "Oh, poor us and injuries" features. At least Morneau noted “Everybody goes into the playoffs missing someone they’d like to have out there" but even that was in a longer quote that was more "poor us".

Now, Brewer fans? They can whine all they want and I'll cry in my beer with them. Damn, losing Christian Yelich. :( Guys a top 10 player on anyone's list and truly the heart and muscle of that team. What ****** bad luck.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
The one Souhan column and the longer injury feature by Miller in the Star Trib today don't help. Both were sort of whiny "Oh, poor us and injuries" features.

Glad we haven't seen any whiny posts about Yankee injuries on this board.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Surprised you'd notice as busy as you are whining about salaries like a big baby. :eek:

And fire away, finally putting you on ignore.

Yankee fan whines all season about injuries, gets called out when criticizing a Twins writer who does the same, then pouts and takes his ball home. LOL.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Yankee fan whines all season about injuries, gets called out when critizing a Twins writer who does the same, then pouts and takes his ball home. LOL.

Yankees fans crying about anything is laughable. They've had all the money, power, prestige, and easiest time being a fan ever in any sport. Diehard Twins fans know what its like to root for the overachieving small ball teams through the years. We can never compete with the payroll, so we've had to work harder and not just buy players when they get good.

• Agree
Reactions: Dormeezy and CTTB78

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Yankees fans crying about anything is laughable. They've had all the money, power, prestige, and easiest time being a fan ever in any sport. Diehard Twins fans know what its like to root for the overachieving small ball teams through the years. We can never
compete with the payroll, so we've had to work harder and not just buy players when they get good.

Uh oh, another guy going on the ignore list....

Reactions: mj4cy

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Hope Odo is on tonight and we get six strong innings out of him. The road has been good for the Twins and we need that to continue with at least one from this series.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Another fine outing from Berrios, and no bombas but still a W. Of course we get Giolito tonight, wonder if Kepler will be back?

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Ha.....I was in the kitchen getting ready to warm up some leftover chili from my supper when Sano hit that moonshot. I flew my arms up in celebration, momentarily forgetting that I had the chili ladle in my hand. :eek: So I spent the next 15 minutes or so cleaning chili off the kitchen ceiling, walls, countertop, etc.

The vixen was not amused.:oops:

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Ha.....I was in the kitchen getting ready to warm up some leftover chili from my supper when Sano hit that moonshot. I flew my arms up in celebration, momentarily forgetting that I had the chili ladle in my hand. :eek: So I spent the next 15 minutes or so cleaning chili off the kitchen ceiling, walls, countertop, etc.

The vixen was not amused.:oops:
But was it worth it......

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Me think the Twins need 4 more for sure. Meaning Cleveland would have to go 10-1 down the stretch to take us if that happened.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
We will have 4 by early next week

Would be awesome to clinch with a week to go and get time to reset the lineup for the playoffs. Way better than limping into the Wildcard game and having to pitch whoever.