Is Iowa the Most Oversensitive Fan Base in America?

Is Iowa the most oversensitive fan base in America?

• Total voters

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Are people actually mad about a stick figure?

No they are mad about a convenience store tweet.

Yah, can you imagine a fan base throwing a fit about a caricature? Crazy.

Capture5.jpg
\

Iowa fans got so mad about Stanford's band, they emailed to say it should be shut down
85 comments
The Cardinal's band finds a way to offend somebody pretty much every year, but Hawkeyes fans might have set a new record.

By Matt Brown and Rodger Sherman Jan 21, 2016, 1:52pm EST

agcy68

Feb 9, 2007
Iowa
I stumbled across a misc tweet from a radio show guy last week about how he would never root for uofi. I got the impression that he was down in SEC country. Apparently, he ranted about them a few years ago like he has done many times to SEC teams. But, uofi took it personal, got his cell phone and called all hours of the night. Call his radio station demanding that he be taken off the air. THEN, called his wife's company and tried to get her fired.

Yeah, uofi is the the most oversensitive fan base and I don't think it is even close.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: Cytown12 and NWICY

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I stumbled across a misc tweet from a radio show guy last week about how he would never root for uofi. I got the impression that he was down in SEC country. Apparently, he ranted about them a few years ago like he has done many times to SEC teams. But, uofi took it personal, got his cell phone and called all hours of the night. Call his radio station demanding that he be taken off the air. THEN, called his wife's company and tried to get her fired.

Yeah, uofi is the the most oversensitive fan base and I don't think it is even close.
That was from Brandon Walker, who's a Mississippi State fan and has a podcast with Barstool Sports called "Unnecessary Roughness". It's actually quite hilarious and every host / co-host is terrific. And yes he talked smack before the bowl game last year and after the game, Iowa fans were absolutely ruthless to him. He said he took it well until they started sending him death threats this fall and tried to get him and his wife fired from their jobs.

He also brought up on their show yesterday that he was called by an Iowa fan after the game this weekend and the Iowa fan dropped a bunch of f-bombs and other slur words. He had the phone on speaker not knowing who the caller was and his little kid was in the room and heard everything. Safe to say he hates their fan base.

Reactions: Cytown12

HOU_Blue

Aug 16, 2019

Not condoning the Iowa fan behavior, but the guy’s rant was talking about how Mississippi State should never have lost to such a white, unathletic team. Not necessarily racist, but there were definitely racial undertones to it. That’s what caused most of the backlash- convenient how he left that part out.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Not condoning the Iowa fan behavior, but the guy’s rant was talking about how Mississippi State should never have lost to such a white, unathletic team. Not necessarily racist, but there were definitely racial undertones to it. That’s what caused most of the backlash- convenient how he left that part out.

Who's the fat white guy in your avatar?

Reactions: CyTwins

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I would have said no, but this latest round of crying rooms stuff has me rethinking that. They have the worst AD in the world anyway.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013

The guy who was saying semi-racist stuff and had to apologize?

agcy68

Feb 9, 2007
Iowa

to be fair, he commented that he made similar rants about other SEC teams which his producer agreed with. No fan base went after him or tried to get his wife fired except for uofi.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Link? Or is the apology just another hawk urban myth?

Yes, why don’t the hawks, especially barta, ever apologize for his lies and misinformation? He loves to point the finger in press releases and then get really quiet during the wake that says he was wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: Cytown12