Jamie Pollard vows to look into allegations of fan misconduct at Saturday's Cy-Hawk game

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Let's say this is proven to be a ruse. How do you hold U of I and Barta responsible for this? Surely you cant just let them continue with **** like this or they're going to continue to take advantage of the situation.

Cat's out of the bag even if not true and Hok fans will ride this for a long time.

I'd be willing to bet there's still many out there that think it was ISU fans stealing from the locker rooms.

Kind of that 'Windmills cause cancer' type of narrative.

• Winner
Reactions: CloneFan4

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I have no doubt that some things were probably said and maybe some things were thrown. That's bad fan behavior...just like what the ISU band endures every year in IC. But something like that should be handled between the ADs and not in the press. We've seen numerous stories from ISU band members about all kinds of crap in IC. I'm sure that Pollard was informed and maybe he even said something to Barta about it, but there was no need for a press release.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Let's say this is proven to be a ruse. How do you hold U of I and Barta responsible for this? Surely you cant just let them continue with **** like this or they're going to continue to take advantage of the situation.

If this is proven false or overblown, you have to restrict the UI band from coming in 2021. I think that is the most appropriate response

Of course, you could go the Barta route and send an email out to the Big10 warning them of Iowa's tendencies for false accusations. But I'd like to think we'd be above that.

• Winner
Reactions: OnlyCyclones

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
When we beat Iowa in basketball two years ago, Pemsl crashed into the stands and a few students fell on top of him. That video was dissected on a millisecond basis by Iowa fans / Iowa media members trying to prove that those students were in fact stomping on him. It's common practice.
This is feature of a core element of their collective psyche, cognitive dissonance. They are both masters of the realm and victims of everything at the same time. Simultaneous superiority and inferiority complex, made worse by Iowa State rising to meet them on all fronts academic and athletic in the last 30 years.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
If the band goes there next yr. I hope they troll the hell out of that fanbase. Let the kids be creative.

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
It's all a ruse created by Iowa because they need an excuse for discontinuing the series so they can schedule a 7th home game every year against a cup cake university.

I'm joking, but I wouldn't be shocked if it were true.

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
Wouldn't be shocked if this was stirred up so that Barta has an out for ending the series or barring bands at Cy-Hawk games. Classless, chickenshit move, but not shocking in the least. Still can't believe he sent letters to the whole conference after the locker room incident. Even if it had been an ISU fan, it reeked of pettiness.

1Cy

Sep 5, 2011
princess-bride-e1529539670776.png

I’m certain both bands when traveling are the target of jokes and bad behavior. Some I’m sure they cause, and some I’m sure they don’t. That’s also certainly not new this year.

Why bring it up when the biggest spotlight is present? Either it’s just PR handled poorly, or there’s an ulterior motive. Time will tell, but it is fun to guess...and it is Barta

Last edited:
Reactions: Snydes

johnnydugouts

Jan 11, 2013

Accountable for what? Stating facts? There were no accusations in the release. They are investigating numerous complaints, as they should. It’s up to you handle seeing a press release in a rational manner.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron