Gary Barta everybody

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Which is fine. Honestly, I've never understood the need to bring the band but if I'm JP I absolutely remove those seats from the allocation just as a big middle finger to Barta.
Hillside and FO.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Trying to understand the groping thing here. If the students that supposedly did this were hammered how would it be possible to distinguish male from female. Especially when they all look a lot alike these uniforms. Are band uniforms unisex?

I think Barta's grand plan is to not have the bands travel for this game. First move, Barta sticks the all ISU Band in the NE corner of the upper deck. His next move was to complain about the inappropriate behavior the hawk band received. Coincidence? I don't think so.

upload_2019-9-17_11-35-30.png

Reactions: kingcy

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Trying to understand the groping thing here. If the students that supposedly did this were hammered how would it be possible to distinguish male from female. Especially when they all look a lot alike these uniforms. Are band uniforms unisex?

I think Barta's grand plan is to not have the bands travel for this game. First move, Barta sticks the all ISU Band in the NE corner of the upper deck. His next move was to complain about the inappropriate behavior the hawk band received. Coincidence? I don't think so.

View attachment 66873
I highly doubt any fan sexually assaulted an Iowa band member. Some drunk idiot might've put their hands on someone and they're using a vague term to describe that.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

st8cydr

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
In true Barta fashion, a press conference will be called this afternoon with the affected band members. Barta and the band director will not be present.

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
I highly doubt any fan sexually assaulted an Iowa band member. Some drunk idiot might've put their hands on someone and they're using a vague term to describe that.
I know for a fact that a band member was physically assaulted and suffered fractured ribs from the incident.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames

Are we 100% sure here it wasn't an Iowa fan who did it before we place blame again?

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
According to WHO radio the band and team was boooed heavily. This also comes for the station reported the field was flooded Saturday.

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

WFBClone

Aug 10, 2018
I think the abuse of the Iowa band is entirely possible. I witnessed a group of four Iowa State fans (wearing ISU shirts) who screamed "F*** Iowa" at two Iowa fans (wearing Iowa shirts) in the Hy-Vee parking lot in west Ames around 10:30 Saturday morning. This behavior was disgusting. The Iowa fans were just minding their own business. I apologized to the Iowa fans for the crude behavior of the ISU fans.

On the other hand, I've been at Kinnick wearing my school's colors (not ISU or for an ISU game) and the same thing was screamed at us by Iowa fans. We are proud of our school and wanted to support it by attending the game. We were just minding our own business, but as a consequence of our experience, we will never go back to Kinnick.

The behavior of fans at many college venues has really deteriorated over the 60 years or so we've been going to football games. Though we are ISU fans and supporters of the university, we have observed fans who have been rude, crude and downright despicable to the point where we will not attend football games any longer.

And, before someone writes that I am not tough enough, or "can't take it," I was an officer in the US military for over 20 years. I don't need someone to question my mental or physical toughness.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I know for a fact that a band member was physically assaulted and suffered fractured ribs from the incident.
Okay so "groped" is not the correct term then. Groped usually refers to someone trying to come onto someone else. Physically assault is a completely different term and if that's what happened, it should be called out as such. Also, if that did actually happen I hope they find that person and never allow him/her back into JTC.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
I don’t know that it’s true. I’ve been to 5 or 6 Iowa-Iowa State games at Kinnick and have never once seen anyone throw anything at an opposing fan, or engage in anything other than good natured ribbing. I guess all these horrific Iowa fans must tailgate in different areas than I do.

I’ve had glass bottles thrown at me, full cans of beer, and raw hamburger. Never reported any of it but now wishing I would have.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Are we 100% sure here it wasn't an Iowa fan who did it before we place blame again?
No we aren't sure who exactly did it but I'd doubt an Iowa fan fought their own band member. However I also wouldn't think someone from Iowa would steal Iowa players electronics at JTS either.

Help Support Us

Become a patron