BREAKING: Georgia PG commits to 2020 recruiting class

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
Agreed, I think we sign three no matter what. Things will happen it wouldnt make sense to not atleast sign that many.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Lindell was not a flop or unsuccessful. He was so highly ranked that our expectations were off the chart. Started every game as a freshman. Was on the Big 12 All Newcomer team and earned honorable mention all Big 12 before getting the 6th man award last year. At least has a shot (contract) with an NBA team for camp. His injury kept him out of roughly a 3rd of his sophomore season. He was a scoring guard as much or more than a pure point guard. We don't We’d to denigrate him to make the point of Haliburton far exceeding expectations. Haliburton is a better passing PG, better ball handler, and likely better defender, but not nearly the scorer at the same stage as far as creating his own shot.

Perfectly said. Add in it showed that Prohm can recruit at a high level and get top 50 prospects to ISU. He and his staff identified Lindell to be the PG of ISU and got his commit. Anyone who thinks targeting and getting Lindell wasn't a good thing for ISU is just hurt he only stayed 2 years and left to pursue his dream of the NBA. (Which if LW succeeds will help ISU/Prohm by it's self.)

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Agreed, I think we sign three no matter what. Things will happen it wouldnt make sense to not atleast sign that many.

Recruiting is fluid and hard to say 3 "no matter what" but it is my expectation that Prohm was taking a PG (every year - check), then be looking at a wing and F/C. Safe to say Foster is priority 1 for the Post and ISU is after a number of wing prospects. Should be a fun fall to follow.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
A few random thoughts I’ve had.

1. He’s only 170. A lot to be gained with just adding some weight.
2. His hands are huge. Some other guards with freakishly big hands, kawhi and rondo
3. He will likely have a year to learn behind some really good guards.
This kid is gonna be a huge steal, just you wait and see

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I think they would oversign and take 3 in the fall if it's one of their top targets like Tyon G-F or Kerwin Walton.

I bet we end up with a 4 man recruiting class. I still wish we would have banked one for this class. I think we have some good options going though.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I think we get this kid and XF, and keep good relationships with some others in case someone transfers or Halliburton leaves for the draft. I doubt Halli does leave, but you really never know.

Barring injury, I think Tyrese is as good as gone. He had a helluva summer, and is only going to get better as the season progresses. It sucks, but yet doesn’t.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Barring injury, I think Tyrese is as good as gone. He had a helluva summer, and is only going to get better as the season progresses. It sucks, but yet doesn’t.
Maybe but you really never know.. He's only a sophomore and seems to absolutely love it at Iowa State. If he's on the edge of being a first or second rounder, I think he stays. If he's a for sure, 100% first rounder, I think he'll leave.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Maybe but you really never know.. He's only a sophomore and seems to absolutely love it at Iowa State. If he's on the edge of being a first or second rounder, I think he stays. If he's a for sure, 100% first rounder, I think he'll leave.
Regardless of what he tries to do, I hope he doesn't let it mess up his game or team chemistry like it clearly did with THT and LW last year.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
At this point I can't see how anybody would be overly skeptical of Prohm's eye at this point.

Also, we've gotten a bit burned by highly rated guys. I'll take every one of them we can get, but man it's been hit and miss.

Highly rated players are fine so long as they're bought in while in Ames.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I am not big on Javan Johnson to be honest. Wish we would have banked that scholarship and went after another high school kid for this year.
I guess we could have, but Johnson as a redshirt junior is probably competitive with most freshmen imo. Guys he wouldn’t be, like a four or five star, we’ll make room for regardless.

• Winner
Reactions: Sigmapolis

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Johnson is a raw player with really good athleticism and decent skill for his size who has a year of nothing but development and refinement for his game. It’s crazy to think that taking him wasn’t a good idea.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I guess we could have, but Johnson as a redshirt junior is probably competitive with most freshmen imo. Guys he wouldn’t be, like a four or five star, we’ll make room for regardless.

Johnson is a raw player with really good athleticism and decent skill for his size who has a year of nothing but development and refinement for his game. It’s crazy to think that taking him wasn’t a good idea.

Yeah, it is all upside on him.

@FinalFourCy nailed it, though. If we really have a high 4* or 5* guy wanting to commit, a guy who could come in and instantly start on a good team with NCAA tournament ambitions, then they will find a way. Sometimes it is for the best for both sides that you find a new home for somebody at the back of your bench who was never going to see the court.

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
Haven't seen this dunk in this thread...

Also just another scouting report I found from a regional scout..

https://hoopseen.com/news/event/201909/2019-georgia-hoopseen-fall-preview-top-performers-part-ii

"The 6-foot-6 guard showed why he’s one of the top seniors in Georgia on Sunday. Walker played well and played fast. He showed off his athleticism and his finishing ability at the rim. Walker is a hard player to guard because of his size in the backcourt. He can score in a variety of ways and he can challenge defenders with his athleticism. We saw him finish in traffic and on defenders. We also saw some perimeter scoring touch that was hard to guard." - Justin Young