Is Iowa the Most Oversensitive Fan Base in America?

Is Iowa the most oversensitive fan base in America?

• Total voters

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Which brings up another subject.

My daughter bought me a Iowa Jersey a couple years ago. Love it...don't wear it in public because I'm old. Occasionally wear it at the house when the Hawks play or she's around. Just find old people wearing team Jersey's awkward.

I think that's the general consensus.

Anyway, what's the rule on T-Shirts? I have a Hawk T-shirt that I occasionally wear in public...usually Saturdays. SoAm I crossing the line?
Nah. I don't wear jerseys...because old. But we have a closet full of t-shirts that we rotate for FB & MBB, and will frequently wear just because they're comfortable.

So, if you're crossing the line - it's way the hell back in the distant past for me. :)

Reactions: dexterhawk

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Boondocks is actually closing it's doors. Another piece of Americana swallowed up by corporate America.

Lol... That place is a **** hole and it has been for decades. They quit trying a long time ago. Corporate America had nothing to do with that.

• Winner
Reactions: Cyclonesrule91

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Nah. I don't wear jerseys...because old. But we have a closet full of t-shirts that we rotate for FB & MBB, and will frequently wear just because they're comfortable.

So, if you're crossing the line - it's way the hell back in the distant past for me. :)

You know what old people wear jerseys that I’ve noticed: Nebraska and Ohio state.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
You know what old people wear jerseys that I’ve noticed: Nebraska and Ohio state.
It seems like you aren't really a fan of your NFL team unless you own a jersey and wear it to the games. I don't have one, for the record.

I did see a woman proudly wearing her #10 jersey at one Vikings preseason game. It had "Tarkinton" printed across the back. I refrained from telling her it was misspelled, but when we were leaving and I found myself right next to her in the crowded Metrodome concourse I figured it was meant to be and told her. She had no idea and thought I was wrong until I showed her Fran's name in the Ring of Honor section of the game day program.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
It seems like you aren't really a fan of your NFL team unless you own a jersey and wear it to the games. I don't have one, for the record.

I did see a woman proudly wearing her #10 jersey at one Vikings preseason game. It had "Tarkinton" printed across the back. I refrained from telling her it was misspelled, but when we were leaving and I found myself right next to her in the crowded Metrodome concourse I figured it was meant to be and told her. She had no idea and thought I was wrong until I showed her Fran's name in the Ring of Honor section of the game day program.
It has a "g", doesn't it?

• Funny
Reactions: VeloClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Cover your eyes or prepare to be triggered, Hok fans

What is kinda funny when you think about it; teams like to have alt uniforms and will have a black one just because. Iowa thinks its copying but they seem to wet themselves when they have a different sticker on their helmet, like what they did for veterans day. Iowa may be the only P5 team that I can recall that only has the one home and one away uniform.

They could go black and black for home, yellow on yellow also for home or away. Could have all whites on the road (they always wear yellow pants right?) or wear black pants. Change the helmet color maybe. They might be the most boring team uniform wise in the nation, considering it is a knock-off to begin with.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
What is kinda funny when you think about it; teams like to have alt uniforms and will have a black one just because. Iowa thinks its copying but they seem to wet themselves when they have a different sticker on their helmet, like what they did for veterans day. Iowa may be the only P5 team that I can recall that only has the one home and one away uniform.

They could go black and black for home, yellow on yellow also for home or away. Could have all whites on the road (they always wear yellow pants right?) or wear black pants. Change the helmet color maybe. They might be the most boring team uniform wise in the nation, considering it is a knock-off to begin with.
Well when you consider their coach and his vanilla game is it any surprise that they have vanilla uniforms?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Well when you consider their coach and his vanilla game is it any surprise that they have vanilla uniforms?

No, it will be surprising when baby ferentz (what Dolphin called him during the 10 minutes I had the radio broadcast on) becomes head coach. He's so crazy I could see him changing at halftime if they are losing or some crazy stuff like that. Then assaulting the ref when the ref tells them they can't make full uniform changes during the game.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Iowa does not hold a candle to Nebraska.

Since the once vaunted Huskers have fallen on hard er HARD times, they are just as sensitive as the TOE...Hence I think they both Tie for the Most Sensitive Fanbases in the US of A....
When I used to go back to CB,IA....all I got was the endless bragging about Husker football ...Now the theme is Woe is Me er Huskerland and blame the new Husker football coach......The only acceptable season for Husker Nation is an undefeated season which culminates in another National Championship...Good Luck with that Husker Fans, Isnt going to happen...LOL....

Help Support Us

Become a patron