NFL: ***OFFICIAL WEEK TWO THREAD***

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Would love to see the Chiefs make this move.

If the Jags make this move I have to think it would be the Chiefs, Eagles, or Saints. They all need secondary help. And they'd be getting arguably the best corner in the league for two years and about seventeen mil. That's a relative bargain.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
If the Jags make this move I have to think it would be the Chiefs, Eagles, or Saints. They all need secondary help. And they'd be getting arguably the best corner in the league for two years and about seventeen mil. That's a relative bargain.
The problem the Chiefs have is their scheme. Pretty sure they run zone but Ramsey wants to play man. I don't think he's nearly as good of a zone DB.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I could see Tom Coughlin and the Jaguars trading for Eli Manning now.

LOL. Come on now. Minshew's played reasonably well so far and Foles is likely back at some point this season. Why give up any assets for a guy who had no business starting for any team last year or the year before, let alone now?

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
LOL. Come on now. Minshew's played reasonably well so far and Foles is likely back at some point this season. Why give up any assets for a guy who had no business starting for any team last year or the year before, let alone now?
Eli is Coughlin's boy tho. Can't deny that.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
NFL players turning into NBA players:

Except that in some cases NBA players are actually engineering trades to where they want to play. I'm guessing Pittsburgh wasn't at the top of Minkah Fitzpatrick's list of trade destinations. Ramsey and Adams have no control over where they'll land via trade. Although in their cases anywhere is probably better than where they're stuck now.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Except that in some cases NBA players are actually engineering trades to where they want to play. I'm guessing Pittsburgh wasn't at the top of Minkah Fitzpatrick's list of trade destinations. Ramsey and Adams have no control over where they'll land via trade. Although in their cases anywhere is probably better than where they're stuck now.

Yeah, I don't have an issue with players wanting to get off a sinking ship. A guy like Minkah didn't sign up for a multiple year tank job. NFL careers are short. Jamal Adams has been a very good player on a very bad team for the past two years. And after last night, nobody could blame him for thinking that year three is going to be any different. And while he hasn't asked to get out yet, it's fully understandable if he's not as "Rah Rah" as he used to be. Players don't play in a vaccum.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Yeah, I don't have an issue with players wanting to get off a sinking ship. A guy like Minkah didn't sign up for a multiple year tank job. NFL careers are short. Jamal Adams has been a very good player on a very bad team for the past two years. And after last night, nobody could blame him for thinking that year three is going to be any different. And while he hasn't asked to get out yet, it's fully understandable if he's not as "Rah Rah" as he used to be. Players don't play in a vaccum.

Really, anyone's career could end on any one play. Loyalty in professional sports simply doesn't exist anymore. I'm not blaming the players for getting what they can.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I can't believe I'm about the say this but the Jets need to call Kaepernick. Who the hell else is out there for them to add? Brandon Weeden?! Brock Osweiler?! Matt Cassel?! Come on.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

Maybe Jacksonville's asking price is too high. They're looking for at least two first round picks. Ramsey said today that it wasn't his camp that leaked the news that he had requested a trade, which is interesting.

If Ramsey is looking for a new deal with another team, that complicates things a bit. For a contender he makes a ton of sense as a short term rental but maybe not as part of a long term plan.