Should Randy Peterson be banned from Campbell interviews after his question?

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
@JStanz51 mentioned something like this on the latest FARTcast like a BOSS KEEPING IT REAL FOR US ON THESE STREETS. Great work! I had almost given up on the FART but now I’m pooting for life.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
It's called holding someone accountable after repeat offenses. What's so hard to understand about that? The guy time and time again asks complete off the wall, irrelevant questions that are baseless and a waste of time. Why continue to allow that individual the privilege to cover your team?
It seems like “journalism” is one of those jobs where you don’t have to be right or even good necessarily to keep your job. If I sucked at my job I wouldn’t get to keep it. Randy repeatedly sucks at his, and it’s business as usual. Ya ain’t gotta fire him I guess, but maybe not accept flaming mediocrity and even reward it with trips to sporting events and first questions and the like...

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I'd be okay with this question after many games. But not this week. I was impressed by OL play. Especially up against that JJ Watt/ Michael Strahan type player we were facing
vauEUgn.gif

• Funny
Reactions: isufbcurt

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
It seems like “journalism” is one of those jobs where you don’t have to be right or even good necessarily to keep your job.

Not anymore. Success is no longer measured by awards, but by clicks and responses. The race to be first (regardless of accuracy) is more important.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
I'd be okay with this question after many games. But not this week. I was impressed by OL play. Especially up against that JJ Watt/ Michael Strahan type player we were facing
vauEUgn.gif

Yes I'd say 7.7 yards per play against one of the Big 10s better defenses is not too bad for the second game of the season.

I'm not sure what Randy wants fixed?. Maybe he bought the list of questions he was going to ask after the UNI game.

• Agree
Reactions: AntiSocial

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Randy be all busy getting to the bottom of Barta's accusation about our evil fans being mean to the Iowa band. Investigative reporting! Bad words! Gestures! Sports front page tomorrow!

• Agree
Reactions: 67CY

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
So, by your measure, no one should ever comment on anything they don't like. We should all just sit here and give positive thumbs up. Opinions are okay. It's going to be okay.

I was being sarcastic. If you follow my comments on the thread, I was talking against banning. I was trying to represent the slippery slope here.

Comment all you want but don't suggest banning the press. That is eerily close to fascism.....even if we are just talking sports.

• Funny
Reactions: keepngoal

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I was being sarcastic. If you follow my comments on the thread, I was talking against banning. I was trying to represent the slippery slope here.

Comment all you want but don't suggest banning the press. That is eerily close to fascism.....even if we are just talking sports.
I mean sports teams say media people aren't allowed in their press conferences all the time. It's not saying he can't write about Iowa State