Gary Barta everybody

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Time to get all past and present ISU band members on here to tell their stories of how they've been treated over the years in, and around Kinnick.

Or just ISU fans in general. Like I said, after the Seneca comeback win in Kinnick, I was leaving the stadium with some other ISU fans and we were getting full cans of beer thrown at us. Parents were ducking and trying to cover their kids from getting hit.

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
Time to get all past and future ISU band members on here to tell their stories of how they've been treated over the years in, and around Kinnick.

Or just ISU fans in general. Like I said, after the Seneca comeback win in Kinnick, I was leaving the stadium with some other ISU fans and we were getting full cans of beer thrown at us. Parents were ducking and trying to cover their kids from getting hit.
from ******** standing above me on buses, beer cans flying

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Pollard's Official Response:

Dear Mr. Barta,

Your most recent correspondence brings to mind a story about a boy who cried wolf. In the past few years you have noted the following:
1. A locker room theft that ended up being done by one of your own (A hawk not a cyclone).
2. A fictitious assault on a hawk basketball player by ISU students.

At this time Iowa State University the flagship University in the State of Iowa will not be investigating your latest story. We would suggest you tell your marching band students to suck it up. As for you please stop wasting your time with these dumb accusations and letters, but spend your time more productively doing things such as extending your basketball coaches contract and discriminating athletic department employees.

Sincerely,
JP

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
from ******** standing above me on buses, beer cans flying

You and I might have been in the same group. They were standing on top of their tailgating buses and throwing full cans at ISU fans as they left the stadium. It was really dangerous. I never did find out if anyone was seriously injured?

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Pollard's Official Response:

Dear Mr. Barta,

Your most recent correspondence brings to mind a story about a boy who cried wolf. In the past few years you have noted the following:
1. A locker room theft that ended up being done by one of your own (A hawk not a cyclone).
2. A fictitious assault on a hawk basketball player by ISU students.

At this time Iowa State University the flagship University in the State of Iowa will not be investigating your latest story. We would suggest you tell your marching band students to suck it up. As for you please stop wasting your time with these dumb accusations and letters, but spend your time more productively doing things such as extending your basketball coaches contract and discriminating athletic department employees.

Sincerely,
JP
The best thing about the locker room theft is that it was one of Iowa's best students and ISU and Iowa employed the same security company for their facilities.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
This is a rivalry game for ISU, and just another game for Iowa, lets get a real Power 5 team on the schedule

It's like the 5th or 6th most important game on our schedule. It's great for the state, not particularly great for ISU as they don't need the schedule boost. A little different story for Iowa.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
Time to get all past and present ISU band members on here to tell their stories of how they've been treated over the years in, and around Kinnick.

Didn’t you say one time you had full beer cans thrown at you at kinnick???

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Did someone mention the Stanford band?

That's right, they all whined and cried about the Stanford band too, didn't they.

Stanford band does that to every school they play, and most just laugh at it like the joke it is, but not Iowa.... they were offended and cried about it.

• Winner
Reactions: dosry5 and aauummm

HOU_Blue

Aug 16, 2019
FWIW, I did see something on one of the other Iowa message boards yesterday about how parents of UI marching band members were complaining that Iowa State fans were throwing objects at the UI band. I’m not sure what the objects were, and it was likely just a few people doing it, but this didn’t just come out of no where.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron