BREAKING: Georgia PG commits to 2020 recruiting class

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Yeah, almighty Wake Forest , Mississippi St and Georgia Tech.

I get it. Y'all are fanatics and can't/unwilling to see beyond it.

From the rivals article... "Walker chose the Cyclones over Florida State, Georgia, Ole Miss and Vanderbilt" all programs who put players into the league and recruit 5 stars. And it isn't like WF, MSU or GT don't have a solid history of PG's. Just because Jaden is currently listed as a 3 star doesn't mean he'll end up there when he enrolls.
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/iowa-state-lands-three-star-guard-jaden-walker

Always trust Prohm with PG's. Plus fanatics will now get to use sky walker references in game threads... Win win
Welcome to CyclONation Jaden1

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
From the rivals article... "Walker chose the Cyclones over Florida State, Georgia, Ole Miss and Vanderbilt" all programs who put players into the league and recruit 5 stars. And it isn't like WF, MSU or GT don't have a solid history of PG's. Just because Jaden is currently listed as a 3 star doesn't mean he'll end up there when he enrolls.
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/iowa-state-lands-three-star-guard-jaden-walker

Always trust Prohm with PG's. Plus fanatics will now get to use sky walker references in game threads... Win win
Welcome to CyclONation Jaden1

Not seeing a reported offer from Florida State. That'd be the offer that would make me feel a lot better.

As stated I hope he works out.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
The fact that Walker was the first scheduled visit for a PG this year (over some guards with higher ratings) and that ISU was willing to take his commitment in early September says something about where the staff viewed Walker in comparison to, say, Ty Berry or Jayden Stone (both Top 150 guys).

I know there were a few PGs that Prohm had ahead of Walker in this class that have committed elsewhere, but this wasn't a desperate grab of a player at the last minute. This was a player the staff badly wanted.

Glass half-full = Prohm likes this guy, "the next Haliburton."

Glass half-empty = We are not in a good spot with the big fish. We needed to take what we can get.

I think the preponderance of the evidence right now is definitely the former.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
I take little to no value from your thoughts. You're a fanatical pot stirrer and your reasoning is usually dotted with logical fallacies.

We beat out mid majors for this kid and three low-level P5 programs.

I do hope that his track record of getting point guards into the league is connected to his ability to recruit underrated talent.

I think at this point you have to give the benefit of the doubt to the staff on evaluations until the spring when 247 has at least updated some of their numbers. We haven’t lacked talent as much as cohesiveness during the last two years.

Cybone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Welcome Jaden!

I hope you enjoy your time at ISU! Looking forward to watching you compete and represent Iowa State!

(See it isn’t that hard to welcome a new recruit. Maybe try it for yourself instead of hyper-criticizing everything, folks)

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
I take little to no value from your thoughts. You're a fanatical pot stirrer and your reasoning is usually dotted with logical fallacies.

I do hope that his track record of getting point guards into the league is connected to his ability to recruit underrated talent.
I understand your sentiment, and if it were a post player I'd have more doubt, but the list of highly rated Steve Prohm point guards is: Lindell Wigginton. Arguably his least successful one, too. There are a lot of variables in recruiting, just look at Tech's last two draft picks, or Ja Morant. Not saying he'll even be drafted, but Prohm has done it time and time again.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Good news is for some reason when players commit to Iowa State they go up in the rankings instead of the old days when whomever commited to us went down in the rankings.

Reactions: kentkel

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

You're right I know nothing about basketball recruiting and don't follow it at all...

discydisc

Flag Designer Extraordinaire
Jan 14, 2014
Ames
It seems the staff has really moved towards the diamond in the rough model. That works for small non-power 5 programs because it has to. Not real sure about the long-term efficacy of it for a program at our level though. Seems strange we have to rely on these types of "undervalued" "blowing up" "diamond in the rough" types.

Would obviously love to be wrong. This staff just doesn't inspire a lot of thoughts of upward trajectory in the national conversation.
So you'd rather have THT or Wigginton then Haliburton?

Reactions: FinalFourCy

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Interesting note I came across with Jaden, he chose ISU over his former AAU coach, Jerry Stackhouse.

"Walker took a visit to Vanderbilt over the weekend, That's notable because Walker is the first player from Southeast United to visit the SEC school coached by Jerry Stackhouse. United was originally Stackhouse Elite and coached by the former NBA star."
https://hoopseen.com/news/player/20...s-planned-sec-visit-over-weekend-jaden-walker

Doesn't look like Jaden had a FSU offer yet but that may have come, he just recently gain interest from Florida State and Maryland (another quality program). Definitely a late riser who must still be growing, I've seen him listed from 6'4", 5" and even 6". The staff likens him to Tyrese, another former late blooming 3 star.
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...ommits-ole-miss-tyrese-haliburton/2340249001/

Some Quotes from his Coach.
"They said he reminds them of Haliburton a lot," Howard said. "He can be a true point guard, that’s the thing about it. (There aren’t many tall guards who) can make the decisions and handle the ball as fluidly as he does, going left and right.

"(The Cyclones) like how he can definitely score at all three levels. They like how he can make decisions and make the right play. I know they like to play two points guards at the same time sometimes, with (one playing) combo because they like to get it out and run. So I know they were really liking the way he can get down, get in the paint, make the right play, and he can knock down a jump shot."
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...fficial-visit-iowa-state-ole-miss/2307468001/

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
You're right I know nothing about basketball recruiting and don't follow it at all...

Proving my point for me with another logical fallacy. Please point out where I specifically stated that you "know nothing about basketball recruiting and don't follow it at all"

You're perfect for a fanatical board and you've got a little fanatical following yourself to show for it. Kind of sad how people clasp onto the king fanatic.

Prohm hasn't done a whole hell of a lot to be in good graces. He's recruited an incoherent mish mash of highly and lowly rated guys and sans Fred's leftovers hasn't been able to consistently get his guys to play a reliable style. His in-game coaching leaves so much to be desired. His point guards make it to the league because he gives them unmitigated reign over the entire team and doesn't hold them accountable during games. I'll relent some and say that he finds decent talent, but my trust in him doesn't go much further than being a good representative of the university.

So no, in spite of his history of putting guards into the league, I don't have much trust for his judgment.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
have we ever had a player from Georgia before?
74300_1581695776791_2631806_n.jpg

EDIT: Knownothing beat me to the punch.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Proving my point for me with another logical fallacy. Please point out where I specifically stated that you "know nothing about basketball recruiting and don't follow it at all"

You're perfect for a fanatical board and you've got a little fanatical following yourself to show for it. Kind of sad how people clasp onto the king fanatic.

Prohm hasn't done a whole hell of a lot to be in good graces. He's recruited an incoherent mish mash of highly and lowly rated guys and sans Fred's leftovers hasn't been able to consistently get his guys to play a reliable style. His in-game coaching leaves so much to be desired. His point guards make it to the league because he gives them unmitigated reign over the entire team and doesn't hold them accountable during games. I'll relent some and say that he finds decent talent, but my trust in him doesn't go much further than being a good representative of the university.

So no, in spite of his history of putting guards into the league, I don't have much trust for his judgment.

Yikes this is a bad post. Doesn't hold his point guards accountable? Lol

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010

Trying to trash other posters on their biases while you are clearly biased yourself.

Who could have possibly seen this coming.