So what time did everyone get to Ames yesterday and then get back home?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Left Grimes at 4:30 then spent over 2 hours in the cluster **** traffic mess on Duff and s 16th trying to get into the G lots. Leaving after the game was surprisingly quock and smooth, was home just after 10:15.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
Watched the first hour of GameDay from home.

Got parked about 9:20 a.m., home about 10 p.m.

Shout out to the in-laws for their willingness to drop by the house and let the dog out a couple times.

Reactions: NWICY

CheapClone1202

Has 3 legs
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2019
Left home (Omaha) 11:30 pm Friday, got in line for Gameday about 3:15. Returned to Omaha around 1 am. I was awake for 37 hours straight. LOVED the Gameday experience, I’ve watched the show every Saturday pretty much my whole life and being in the crowd was something else. Not ashamed to say I almost cried a few times when it really hit me what Gameday was really all about. The game was solid, obviously could have better, but the offensive line really impressed me, Epenesa was effectively shut down,and the weather delays made for a weird, fun, and comical day at JTS.

• Winner
Reactions: MrPeske and NWICY

CheapClone1202

Has 3 legs
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2019
Left home (Omaha) 11:30 pm Friday, got in line for Gameday about 3:15. Returned to Omaha around 1 am. I was awake for 37 hours straight. LOVED the Gameday experience, I’ve watched the show every Saturday pretty much my whole life and being in the crowd was something else. Not ashamed to say I almost cried a few times when it really hit me what Gameday was really all about. The game was solid, obviously could have better, but the offensive line really impressed me, Epenesa was effectively shut down,and the weather delays made for a weird, fun, and comical day at JTS.

Also I am very sick today. I’ve had a soar throat since Thursday, Today I woke up with the works. I honestly think the excitement of Gameday + the game helped curb the cold from coming full force because I was coughing like crazy on the way home.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
7 PM to Ankeny Friday, 5 AM to the lots Saturday, 9:15 AM back to KC this morning

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Some brutal days described here!

1. Glad everyone made it home safely
2. Would you do it again if you knew how long of a day you'd have?

Maybe not tomorrow, or next week, but for sure!

Would I like to recommend a few things to myself on how to prepare for the day, for sure. Doing all that on like 2.5 hours of sleep was rough, but amazing!

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Some brutal days described here!

1. Glad everyone made it home safely
2. Would you do it again if you knew how long of a day you'd have?

On second thought, this was historic as it was the first GameDay in Ames.

In the future, it will just be another one, so we'll play it like we have been there before. Hence, act the exact same way!

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
5am ---> 11:45pm

This morning it's really catching up with me. F*ck Mondays.

16240.jpg

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center

You are nuts

EIClone

Nov 21, 2011
Solon
So you were up for 24 straight hours?
Not quite. We got something like 4 hours of sleep in the Camper on Friday night and then got to bed about midnight after the game. I'm getting too old to do 24 hours straight anymore. (I'm just over 50)

• Optimistic
Reactions: cmjh10

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
Got to my parking space by 10:15, and that gave me over 4 hrs for tailgating. Then go into the stadium to see the bands and the teams by 2:35. Stayed dry during the game because I found a good spot under the stands. Took over an hour to get out of the lot, but I expected that. Got home at around 11:15.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor

37 hours straight. Now THAT's dedication.

Reactions: CheapClone1202

fenton06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2011
Ankeny, IA
Left the house at 2AM, was pulled over by a Polk County sherrif for a crooked front license plate while he was fishing for a OWI, and then got home at 10PM.