***Official Montgomery and Butler NFL Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Living in the Chicago area for 15 years and not being a Bears fans these types of days are my favorite. A small sampling of any Chicago sports radio today.

Mike Pettine deserves a lot of credit for his defense. Nagy might not be as good as we said he was yesterday, and Mitch is a robo8tic QB who doesn't know what he was doing. Ryan Pace moved up one spot from 3 to 2 to draft Mitch, Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson were picked after him. They could have traded back 5 or 6 spots and still got a very good QB. Matt Nagy had around 8 games of calling plays before last year, people have figured out he won't stick with the run. The game was 10-3. Why is Mitch the robot throwing the ball 45 times? The league has figured him out, and now that Mitch hasn't progressed, that offense is doomed. I can't wait for the ensuing the defense hates the offense reports. The sad thing is, this town hates Jay Cutler, but you give Cutler that offense, they score more than 10 points and win last night. You may have to live with a stupid INT, but they win.

On DMs night, he made a really good catch, if that ball was thrown in front of him, he gets more yards on that, poor throw to a wide-open guy. He certainly showed he can make NFL players miss on that 1st down run before the 2nd quarter. Why you wouldn't try to get him to 20 touches at least a game I don't understand. Nagy has some thinking to do, the QB isn't going to win games for you. The defense and run game can. But putting the ball in the air 45 times isn't going to win games.

Also, GB didn't look great on offense, I do believe they could have gotten more points if required, but the Bears really didn't threaten. Yesterday everyone had the Bears in the Super Bowl. Today, I have the Bears lucky to get a wildcard.
Ya, but how do you really feel?

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
Living in the Chicago area for 15 years and not being a Bears fans these types of days are my favorite. A small sampling of any Chicago sports radio today.

Mike Pettine deserves a lot of credit for his defense. Nagy might not be as good as we said he was yesterday, and Mitch is a robo8tic QB who doesn't know what he was doing. Ryan Pace moved up one spot from 3 to 2 to draft Mitch, Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson were picked after him. They could have traded back 5 or 6 spots and still got a very good QB. Matt Nagy had around 8 games of calling plays before last year, people have figured out he won't stick with the run. The game was 10-3. Why is Mitch the robot throwing the ball 45 times? The league has figured him out, and now that Mitch hasn't progressed, that offense is doomed. I can't wait for the ensuing the defense hates the offense reports. The sad thing is, this town hates Jay Cutler, but you give Cutler that offense, they score more than 10 points and win last night. You may have to live with a stupid INT, but they win.

On DMs night, he made a really good catch, if that ball was thrown in front of him, he gets more yards on that, poor throw to a wide-open guy. He certainly showed he can make NFL players miss on that 1st down run before the 2nd quarter. Why you wouldn't try to get him to 20 touches at least a game I don't understand. Nagy has some thinking to do, the QB isn't going to win games for you. The defense and run game can. But putting the ball in the air 45 times isn't going to win games.

Also, GB didn't look great on offense, I do believe they could have gotten more points if required, but the Bears really didn't threaten. Yesterday everyone had the Bears in the Super Bowl. Today, I have the Bears lucky to get a wildcard.
TL/DR

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Wilbon was fired up today on PTI. Mostly ripping Nagy for not playing his offensive starters in the preseason and how it bit them in the ass last night with how discombobulated they looked.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Is there a way to see participation for NFL games. Haven’t seen Lazard so don’t know if he’s even dressed today.

He was not among the inactives today so he dressed. Footballoutsiders.com posts the snap counts for each team (they have a filter). It says AL got 10 snaps in wk 1 but none on offense, so all special teams. Wk 2 stats aren't on there yet.

• Informative
Reactions: Urbandale2013

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Also this Bears offense still sucks but at least they realized Trubisky isn’t Brady and have stuck with the run to give themselves a chance. If they keep it up they’ll win a lot of games on the back of that D.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
so glad that David Montgomery gets the joy and experience of winning a big game....saw him celebrating a lot on the field.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
No way the Bears should have been awarded that timeout. The receiver hit the ground with about 1/2 left. Trubisky or Nagy would have had to signal timeout, have an official see it and recognize it within that 1/2 second. It was pretty much the refs saying "we didn't actually see if a timeout was called before the clock hit 0, but the receiver went down with some time left we we're just going to assume a timeout was called."

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I swear that had Nagy utilized Montgomery (AND the rest of their running backs) more in the Packer's game, they would have won that game. I'm a Broncos fan and, while I am saddened to see Denver lose, I am thrilled for DM!